I hate to wait...
Apr 25, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #16 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too many choices...I was considering a Hornet, then the Tomahawk. I wanted green, then silver, then green, then silver, no RED! yeah, red
blink.gif
I still might get a TH.

Too much ear candy for the eyes to handle. Beautiful stuff.

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #17 of 130
Still waiting. All Mr. Samuels will say is "End of this month".

Today's the 26th. I'd consider that the end of the month. Must we wait until the 31st? Oh the humanity!

GAD

Apr 29, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #20 of 130
I want my Go-vibe, I want my Go-Vibe, I want my Go-Vibe...

Apr 30, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #21 of 130
Big...nay, HUGE day today for the awaiters of the Hornet "M." Last day of April. Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, lucky number 30.

Does Ray send email confirmation when he sends out the goods? Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn email confirmation.

I need one bright spot during finals week. Just one.

Apr 30, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #22 of 130
I don't think he gives confirmations, at least, I didn't get one and I've read that others didn't get one either.
But it only took ~2 weeks to receive my TH all the way in Europe, so I wouldn't really be worried.
If you're really paranoid you can probably call him.

Apr 30, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #23 of 130
I join you in hoping for a Hornet to arrive soon. I ordered the Hornet along with Sennheiser HD600's and ALO Jena Cryo Dock last week. I will have the headphones and cable soon, so I am hoping that the amp comes around the same time.

My time at Head-Fi = less than two weeks
$$ spent = $725

P.S. What's this curse everyone talks about? :)

Apr 30, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #24 of 130
Well, sadly, I just called him and he said that he had a firm arrival date for those 200 hornets this coming Friday (May 4). Let's hope it really is firm. He said the Hornets that people have reserved will ship out a week from today.

May 1, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #28 of 130
It's [size=medium]MAY 1[/size]
blink.gif

Hey GAD, did you get the Hornet yet ?
evil_smiley.gif

I was wondering if you listen to your ER4P with the Micro Amp. I think the combo sounds very good using the crossfeed which adds a nice warmth to them.

May 1, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #29 of 130
I'm waiting also for a Hornet from this upcoming batch. I don't mind waiting, though, since I would rather wait on something I truly want, versus receiving something sooner and compromising on what I want.
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #30 of 130
Still.... waiting.... for hornet....

I used to listen exclusively to the Micro using my ER4P before I got my sennheisers. I got started in this whole mess because I worked in a loud obnoxious office in Manhattan. I'm a network architect and I do a lot of just plain thinking, so I really dislike noisy offices (picture an open office with 20 people in it, 10 of which are on their speakerphones - on the SAME CALL!).

I have my Bose QC2 that I liked well enough, but I decided to get a set of ER4Ps. Then someone told me that a Headroom airhead would really help them out. Of course that wasn't good enough for me, so I got the Micro amp. Then the DAC. Then an ALO dock. Then another. Then the 650s. and so-on, and so-on...

I got the 650s because wearing IEMs in the office became a pain. People couldn't see I was wearing them so they'd walk up and start talking, then realize I couldn't hear, then tap me, then wait for me to surgically remove them from my skull. When I finally quit the NYC job I got a pair of dedicated 580s for the office, but I still use the ER4ps for mowing, traveling etc. They'll probably spend most of their time in the hornet.... that's not here yet...

(this thread should in no way be considered a slam on Ray, but rather a humorous commentary on my obsessive need for instant gratification)
blink.gif

GAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back