I hate to wait...
May 2, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #31 of 130
I am about to order a Headphonia amp. Robert said it'd arrive in 3-4weeks -_-. I'll make a thread about this too! :]

I can't wait! I can't wait!
I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #32 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still.... waiting.... for hornet....

I used to listen exclusively to the Micro using my ER4P before I got my sennheisers. I got started in this whole mess because I worked in a loud obnoxious office in Manhattan. I'm a network architect and I do a lot of just plain thinking, so I really dislike noisy offices (picture an open office with 20 people in it, 10 of which are on their speakerphones - on the SAME CALL!).

I have my Bose QC2 that I liked well enough, but I decided to get a set of ER4Ps. Then someone told me that a Headroom airhead would really help them out. Of course that wasn't good enough for me, so I got the Micro amp. Then the DAC. Then an ALO dock. Then another. Then the 650s. and so-on, and so-on...

I got the 650s because wearing IEMs in the office became a pain. People couldn't see I was wearing them so they'd walk up and start talking, then realize I couldn't hear, then tap me, then wait for me to surgically remove them from my skull. When I finally quit the NYC job I got a pair of dedicated 580s for the office, but I still use the ER4ps for mowing, traveling etc. They'll probably spend most of their time in the hornet.... that's not here yet...

(this thread should in no way be considered a slam on Ray, but rather a humorous commentary on my obsessive need for instant gratification)
blink.gif

GAD

Good story. GAD bought the Hornet and so-on and so-on
icon10.gif

You're going to hate waiting the 400 hours for it to burn in...hmmmm, lets see...how many days IS that.
tongue.gif

May 2, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #33 of 130
Yeah, but at least I can listen to it while it burns in! I've really enjoyed the burn-in on all my other gear, and the HD580s at work are still only a few weeks old, so they can burn in together.
eggosmile.gif

GAD

May 2, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #34 of 130
My Sennheiser HD-600's should arrive around the same time as the Hornet (emphasis on SHOULD), so I am planning on listening through my burn-in as well. I have been listening exclusively to KSC-75's through the 5G ipod headphone jack, so I am betting this will be a big upgrade even in its "raw" form.

Ken sent my Jena Cryo Dock out right away, so at least I have it to look at while I wait.
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #35 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Biff Wellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Big...nay, HUGE day today for the awaiters of the Hornet "M." Last day of April. Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, lucky number 30.

Does Ray send email confirmation when he sends out the goods? Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn email confirmation.

I need one bright spot during finals week. Just one.

Okay -- you got an "F" in every course, and the Hornets will ship in September!
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif

Oh --- wiat a minute -- you said BRIGHT spot.
Never mind....
It's hard waiting for Christmas morning, isn't it?
icon10.gif

May 3, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #36 of 130
Alright, GAD, I got something that will instantly make you feel better:

I want my Xin. I want my Xin. I want my Xin. I want my Xin.

(chanted by those who placed their orders in February 2007) :O

May 4, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #37 of 130
Chapter 2...

Big...nay, HUGE day today. Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn May 4 firm delivery date for equipment so it can be sent out.

Following my Property final, I REALLY need a bright spot. Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn bright spot!

May 4, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #38 of 130
From the man himself:

"I was Told they will be here this Friday. I will be in Colorado meet this
week-end, but hope to start shipping this coming Monday."

GAD

May 4, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #41 of 130
-Revised

Sometimes I hold material items higher than they should be and my impatience gets the best of me. And to assume that there are no circumstances in life is futile. – my bad. I will say that Ray Samuels is a caring person and of the highest caliber. My order and questions were taken care of gracefully; all that was required on my part was a little understanding.

Thanks Ray.
G-d bless

------
Proverbs 5: “My son, give attention to my wisdom, Incline your ear to my understanding; That you may observe discretion and your lips may reserve knowledge...”

May 5, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #43 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Biff Wellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just out of curiosity Morph201, what is your portable headphone amp of choice?

Regardless, come on Hornet!

After experimenting with a bunch of different ones, I finally landed on the SR-71!! If you can deal with switching batteries every 50-70 hours, it's a great portable!

May 5, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #44 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone here if Ray got them in or not?

GAD

I ordered mine this morning. I hope so...I know compared to many of you I have no right to be in this topic but I'm excited
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #45 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by DjSchock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It kind of irritates me that I sent my payment to Ray on 4/10 under the impression that, as he stated, “will have 200 Hornets coming in a week.” Two weeks latter I still had not heard from Ray regarding the status of my order so I sent out a Head-Fi PM to him on 4/25. To this day I still have not received a single reply from him. It would have been nice to have been updated on my $395 Hornet order. I leave on the 13th for possibly an indefinite amount of time and it’s getting quite irritating. Needless to say, I’ll show grace and understanding in the matter, but if that Hornet is not at my door step on the 12th I will be needing a refund as I have no idea where I’ll be—if I'll even have an address.
frown.gif

I really can’t vouch for his customer service...

Hi Mr. Schock....
I do apologize for the delay of the Hornets. Delay that I had no control over. I was told they were going to be delivered the day I promised you, but one of the machines developed some problems & that delayed the delivery for another week. I only reflect to you & other friends what I have been told.
Then we had the San Jose National meet that I was away from my computer & e-mails for one week. When I got home I was shocked to find out endless e-mails over 1000 or more.
I am sure you know that no one recieved any Hornets becuase there is none available, so it is not that I ignored you my friend. I really want to answer all my e-mail on time & I try my best, if I do answer reapeted e-mails, I won't be able to built any amps. Please don't take this post in an offensive way, I do try my best & sometimes my best is not enough. I know you have few posts & you might be new to head-fi, may be, but I do care about every call I recieve & every e-mail that I do get. You might have called me when I was in the National meet, other wise I am always available to answer the phone, unless I am in a head-fi meet. Please if you feel that I put you down for any reason I do apologize & will gladly refund your money, with interest, if you so wish. The good news is that today, 200 Hornets were delivered as they were promised & we will start shipping this coming Monday. I do want to let my fiends know that they have to be a little understanding as almost all the 200 Hornets are sold, I have to put them together. I also have to ship on the first come first serve bases.
Thanks
Ray Samuels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back