I hate the snow in London.
Feb 2, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #2 of 91
it did snow here for a little, now the sun is out and blazing away, it bloody never snows properly here
frown.gif

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 91
its bad here in the borders, virtually snowed in, worst fall for 18 years they are saying, all the schools are closed tomorrow and only critical journeys recommended

heh. oh well. causing chaos as usual.

Feb 2, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 91
Since last night in my back garden!

snowmonday.jpg

OllieSnow.jpg

Feb 2, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #5 of 91
I'm afraid you guys were just attacked by the snow storm that just swept through here in New England. We usually get a lot more than that though.

Feb 2, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #7 of 91
Snow never lasts long in St. Andrews
frown.gif

Maybe tonight will bring some nice pretty whiteness.

Feb 2, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #9 of 91
You're just spoiled!
We have had 50-60 cm of fresh snow two weekends in a row. Its plenty enough already, and the winter is far from over.

Feb 2, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #11 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG!!!! soozieq's pics, i havent seen snow like that in edinburgh ever, think it was 96 in stirling i last saw that kinda snow.

god dammit i want that kinda snow

Yeah, it's a novelty here at the moment as we hardly ever get this amount of snow either! But it looks like London can't deal with it yet again, since just about everything has closed down. The roads are deserted, trains aren't running, buses aren't running, schools are closed - it's like the end of the world. It's unreal out there. It's just white everywhere. The snow on the trees has blended in with the white of the sky so I can't see where the trees end or the sky begins.

This must be what the twilight zone feels like
eek.gif

Feb 2, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #12 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're just spoiled!
We have had 50-60 cm of fresh snow two weekends in a row. Its plenty enough already, and the winter is far from over.

ahh but you forgetting in the uk we only need about 2cm of snow before we go into a screaming panic and the whole country grinds to a halt, really, im not joking

Feb 2, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #13 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ahh but you forgetting in the uk we only about 2cm of snow before we go into a screaming panic and the whole country grinds to a halt, really, im not joking

Hey, that's a true story!! The trains also get cancelled because of the wrong type of 'leaf' on the track
biggrin.gif

And what about a few years ago when heavy snow was predicted a week in advance, and instead of being prepared like a civilized country - we ended up with hundreds of motorists stranded on the motorway overnight because the road gritters hadn't bothered to grit the roads!! The UK can't cope with any 'extreme' weather conditions, and that includes a flake of snow, the 'wrong' leaf, and any 'gusty' winds over 0.5 mph...

Feb 2, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #14 of 91
lol i remember that the midlands got hit big time naturally up here never got a hint of snow that year that i remember but big chunks of the country just grind to a halt and every one freeks out like they dont understand what this "snow" stuff is, where it came from or what to do about it, lol then halfords starts selling snow chains LOL yes casue we really needed them you know

i bet the supermarkets are having thier shelves emptied as we speak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back