I hate the mall.
Dec 3, 2005 at 3:31 PM Post #17 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo diaz
... it's the sk8r punx who suck, too...

I hate people who type "sk8r." God. I want to punch every single one in the face.
icon10.gif

Remember this: No one is as different as they like to think they are. And everyone annoys someone. The sooner you get used to it the better.

Dec 3, 2005 at 3:37 PM Post #18 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
Remember this: No one is as different as they like to think they are. And everyone annoys someone. The sooner you get used to it the better.

lol That is the truth.

I enjoy the occasional visit to the mall. In fact, my last forray led to my first fashion flashback. My eyes teared up with humour spotting the kiddies with upturned collars and checkered vans. I realized why my dad always got a kick out of my clothes during my younger years.

Dec 3, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #21 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by ej82m
Yeah, most of the malls are pretty ghetto in the Bay Area. I go to the Stoneridge Mall in Pleasanton, which isnt so bad.

Depends what you consider ghetto. Stanford Mall, The SF shops and stuff, Santana Row and Valley Fair aren't the best, but I wouldn't call them ghetto by any means.

Dec 3, 2005 at 5:36 PM Post #22 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by ej82m
Yeah, most of the malls are pretty ghetto in the Bay Area. I go to the Stoneridge Mall in Pleasanton, which isnt so bad.

Ghetto would be something like the Buena Park mall..or at least starting to get there.

Dec 3, 2005 at 11:16 PM Post #24 of 107
I've only been there a few times, but I didn't think there was ghetto anything in the Bay Area. You all should try out Detroit for a day.

Dec 4, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #26 of 107
hahahahhahahahhahahaha.... There's not many bose stores 'round in the bay area is there? and as for malls.. Stanford is really nice.. I dont really see that kind of people there.. lots of old people but eh I can live with that =)

Dec 4, 2005 at 7:17 PM Post #28 of 107
I think people are confused with what "ghetto" is, and that scares me.

Dec 4, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #29 of 107
I love the definition of ghetto...
"Originally, the section of a European city to which Jews were restricted. Today, commonly defined as a section of a city occupied by members of a minority group who live there because of social restrictions on their residential choice." -- Geographic
"word which rich white girls use to describe almost everything thats not clad with lilly polos and pearls." -- Urbandictionary
"ury-rigged, improvised, or home-made (usually with extremely cheap or sub-standard components)" -- UD
"Someone or something that is very cool,different,stands out or is just plain sick. (Sick in a good way)." -- UD

.. kinda sad that we trivialize the orginal meaning of ghetto... ahwell.

Dec 4, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #30 of 107
Well my original reply was simply against the malls in Southern California. As for the malls in the Bay Area, I really only have a problem with the Westfield mall in downtown SF (powell station). The problem with this mall is that it is designed to confuse the patron and not let people out easily. I'm much more confortable with the embarcadero mall (although it should be two stories instead of three).
As for the East Bay, the shopping complex in Emeryville is quite horrible, especially for people traveling on foot. However, I really cannot complain about the effect on of the shopping complex in Emeryville on the area, since the area was already ruined by the highways. I didn't find the Hilltop mall to be that bad, although it is obviosuly struggling and not original in design.

This is sort of the definition I've always used:transf. and fig. A quarter in a city, esp. a thickly populated slum area, inhabited by a minority group or groups, usu. as a result of economic or social pressures; an area, etc., occupied by an isolated group; an isolated or segregated group, community, or area. -OED

Users who are viewing this thread

Back