I hate my IE80's, what are some good alternatives?
Mar 4, 2019 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

fredsun925

New Head-Fier
After listening to my IE80's for almost 6 months now, I finally decided that they are not really for me. I hate the U-shaped sound signature. The mids seem to be miles away and I feel like they are essentially just Beats headphones but with good treble.

I am looking to sell mine. What are some really good alternatives to the IE80? I like clarity and I'm looking for something that has strong mids and treble. The Final E5000's look really beautiful and I wonder what people think about these? I listen to a lot of indie music.

Mar 4, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #2 of 7
I would recommend that you look into the Campfire product line. Very well made and terrific sounding.Not sure of your price point exactly. I also like Noble a lot. Two good companies.

Mar 4, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #3 of 7
I would recommend that you look into the Campfire product line. Very well made and terrific sounding.Not sure of your price point exactly. I also like Noble a lot. Two good companies.

I think their higher end products are universally acclaimed, not sure about the lower end ones though. I am REALLY tempted to by the E5000 just based on how absolutely fantastic they look, and I wonder if anyone has had experiences with them.

Mar 4, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #4 of 7
You are not alone in disliking the IE80 - IMO something like the Sony N3 does that type of sound properly. For a completely different type of signature I like the Etymotic ER4P, though I have not tried the current XR/SR models.

Mar 4, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #5 of 7
You are not alone in disliking the IE80 - IMO something like the Sony N3 does that type of sound properly. For a completely different type of signature I like the Etymotic ER4P, though I have not tried the current XR/SR models.
I've tried the N3's and they sound very solid. For the Etymotic iems I'm a bit concerned as my ear canals are pretty small. Plus I'm a teenager and looks is definitely important to me. Would you provide tips on how to sell used IE80's considering how many fakes there are? How much can I sell them for?

Mar 4, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #6 of 7
I've tried the N3's and they sound very solid. For the Etymotic iems I'm a bit concerned as my ear canals are pretty small. Plus I'm a teenager and looks is definitely important to me. Would you provide tips on how to sell used IE80's considering how many fakes there are? How much can I sell them for?

Probably the worst person to ask, think I gave mine away for the cost of shipping. Check past for-sale listings here/ebay to see what they are going for. HiFiShark is a good way to do this though I can't speak to its accuracy.

Not sure I've ever seen an IEM that didn't look dorky, even the 'attractive' ones. Stylish people just seem to understand how to work anything into a look.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back