I HATE ITUNES AND APPLE!
Jun 19, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #61 of 100
only real gripe I have with itunes is needing to set up an itunes account to get access to the album art. and I tunes wouldn't let me set up an account without either a CC or paypal. I'm only using it to rip cd's and get the album art onto the pod. why do they need my cc for that?

Jun 19, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #62 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
only real gripe I have with itunes is needing to set up an itunes account to get access to the album art. and I tunes wouldn't let me set up an account without either a CC or paypal. I'm only using it to rip cd's and get the album art onto the pod. why do they need my cc for that?

you can get the artwok in google images but i found that apple always seem
to be able to get a better image quality than i can access.

Jun 19, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #64 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yeah, you can use MediaMonkey with Amazon if youre in Windows and your media files are unprotected mp3s and so.

Or use Amazon manualy as I do.

Jun 20, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #65 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hating iTunes and apple has become fashionable? It's about time fashion catch up with me for a change.

My point is that just because a person doesnt do what most people are doing, doesn't mean they aren't just as much of a follower. They are just following in the opposite direction. There is a difference between thinking for oneself and just being different.

I dont mean any offense to anyone in this thread, I dont know who you are. Im just making a point. but I feel Im getting in the way, so Im out.

Jun 21, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #67 of 100
I believe Drag and Drop support on iTunes is non-existent. Or it's incredibly impossible to use that I have not found it.

Jun 21, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #68 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by judas391 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe Drag and Drop support on iTunes is non-existent.

Then you might have a problem.
Cause I can easily add files to my iTunes Library by dragging files or folders from Finder into iTunes. Or copy files from the Library to my Desktop by dragging out of iTunes...
cool.gif

Jun 21, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #69 of 100
It is true that the ipod shuffle has less than ideal sound quality. It has to do with trying to shrink everything down that they have to use a single chip for decoding and outputting sound.

The full size ipod and ipod nano sound quality is great with apple software but if you are good with linux then load linux on full size ipod and you will have better control over sound output.

itunes need quicktime because it uses quicktime component for audio and video playback.

It is not true that apple is brainwashing people. Most people is not an audiophile so their audio quality expectation is lower. The reason ipod is so great is because of how easy it is to use itune and transfer audio to the ipod. Because ipod shuffle target audience is regular consumer who like to take a small amount of audio and don't need a screen. Also size and weight is important. Great for use with sports, workout or just to carry around. People in this target audience are mostly not concern about audio quality. Just as long as it is not horrible then it is ok.

I stress the fact that the ipod shuffle is not for audiophile. such as the people that like to use this forum.

Jun 21, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #70 of 100
Before this goes waaaaay off topic.

People use the term "drag and drop" too indiscriminately. Drag and drop is simply a GUI feature. Outlook uses it for example. Its got nothing to do with moving files around in the filetree, or UMS for Music playback support. iTunes is drag and drop.

Jun 21, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #71 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by ..........? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is true that the ipod shuffle has less than ideal sound quality. It has to do with trying to shrink everything down that they have to use a single chip for decoding and outputting sound.

The full size ipod and ipod nano sound quality is great with apple software but if you are good with linux then load linux on full size ipod and you will have better control over sound output.

itunes need quicktime because it uses quicktime component for audio and video playback.

It is not true that apple is brainwashing people. Most people is not an audiophile so their audio quality expectation is lower. The reason ipod is so great is because of how easy it is to use itune and transfer audio to the ipod. Because ipod shuffle target audience is regular consumer who like to take a small amount of audio and don't need a screen. Also size and weight is important. Great for use with sports, workout or just to carry around. People in this target audience are mostly not concern about audio quality. Just as long as it is not horrible then it is ok.

I stress the fact that the ipod shuffle is not for audiophile. such as the people that like to use this forum.

Re: SQ - depends which generation Shuffle, iPod, Nano you are talking about.

Jun 23, 2007 at 7:49 AM Post #72 of 100
Itunes and Ipods changed the way music is heard and sold. It opened the gates to portable music enjoyment to many, including myself and my wife. If you dont like it is fine, but get over the hateful comments and buy somethng else. I am perfectly happy with the convenience and ease of use. And by the way, I probably know more music than you'll ever know. No offense intended, just tired of hateful comments. get over and buy the Zune or whatever tickles your fancy, and....grow up!

Jun 23, 2007 at 10:58 AM Post #73 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Itunes and Ipods changed the way music is heard and sold. It opened the gates to portable music enjoyment to many, including myself and my wife. If you dont like it is fine, but get over the hateful comments and buy somethng else. I am perfectly happy with the convenience and ease of use. And by the way, I probably know more music than you'll ever know. No offense intended, just tired of hateful comments. get over and buy the Zune or whatever tickles your fancy, and....grow up!

True lots of people now enjoy low birates, dire earphones and a very narrow music choice via iTunes. Lots of iPod uses have no idea how to use them, and just leave it on shuffle and are happy to look trendy. At least until they break, or the battery fails, or its scratched so badly you can't see the screen anymore. Probably we've have heard music you've never heard or will ever hear. Since when was quantity any useful metric for music?

Any true music fan has one of these not a wimpy iPod...
http://www.pocketcalculatorshow.com/.../golden12.html
http://www.nycitysnaps.com/SoundsBoomBoxes.htm

cool.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 23, 2007 at 11:58 AM Post #74 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True lots of people now enjoy low birates, dire earphones and a very narrow music choice via iTunes.

Amazingly, that is simply true. They really do enjoy all those things, and they don't require anything more to be happy with their music. Kind of a beautiful thing, really. Meanwhile, we struggle through the choices, the technology, the flawed file systems until we happen upon nirvana....which, for many of us, likely does not exist.

Enjoy....

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back