I HATE ITUNES AND APPLE!
Jun 17, 2007 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 100

EsthetiX

1000+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know how I can put songs on my (free ipod shuffle that I would NEVER buy) without having to install itunes packaged with quiktime and all that shyt. I dont want quick time on my computer. I use an alternate.

Jun 17, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #4 of 100
whoa, you can use winamp? haha I had no idea...

Jun 17, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #5 of 100
Just out of curiosity are you going to be taking the shuffle out of the house or are you afraid of being seen with it?

Jun 17, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #7 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just out of curiosity are you going to be taking the shuffle out of the house or are you afraid of being seen with it?

BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Actually the sound quality on the damn thing is atrocious. I hear crazy hiss in the BG with any decent cans on and its really thin sounding. Anyway, it will be decent for excercise so whatev.

Jun 17, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #8 of 100
trying media monkey.. couldnt figure it out with winamp.. Maybe I need to go find a plugin or something..?

Jun 17, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #9 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Actually the sound quality on the damn thing is atrocious. I hear crazy hiss in the BG with any decent cans on and its really thin sounding. Anyway, it will be decent for excercise so whatev.

If you are talking about the gumstick shaped early shuffle then that apple hating is really getting to your head. Plecebo?

Jun 17, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #10 of 100
uh iunno?

Second gen silver shuffle. Got it in Septemper 06 as a token of appreciation from a company I work with. IMO Apple is really about brainwashing people and marketing and in a way it just really irritates me how they play on human beings but this is a discussion for another place.

Jun 17, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #11 of 100
Quote:

IMO Apple is really about brainwashing people and marketing and in a way it just really irritates me how they play on human beings but this is a discussion for another place.

Ah Steve Jobs and his Reality Distortion Field
biggrin.gif

Hey, it's a free-market Capitalist world, whatever he's doing is working - they are revolutionizing the way the masses procure and experience music. Is it for the best? I don't know... is it for me? Definitely not... but it seems those of us who are resisting are the minority...

As for the question, a couple of the guys I work with are in love with ephPod...

--Jeff the Luddite IT Professional, on his Apple PowerBook G4
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #12 of 100
Quote:

uh iunno?

Second gen silver shuffle. Got it in Septemper 06 as a token of appreciation from a company I work with. IMO Apple is really about brainwashing people and marketing and in a way it just really irritates me how they play on human beings but this is a discussion for another place.

ya sure, apple brainwashes people, when ipods starting getting popular by people loving them. when that was the only highly bought mp3 player out at the time, everyone wanted one because everyone else had one.
If anything it is the news and other kids that brainwash people to but ipods. by the way ignore my name, i dont even have an ipod, i ave a zen. I just don't like how biased your being against apple.

Jun 18, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #13 of 100
Ugh, I hate the iPod fashion thing. You gotta hand it to Apple though; they turned a geek device into a must-have fashion accessory. In fact, most people I talk to don't even realize that other companies make MP3 players. It's kinda sad. My best friend buys Ipods without hesitation or comparison shopping, despite having seen my much nicer Zens.

As for Media software, I just converted from Creative Mediasource to Mediamonkey today. It's awesome. I can transfer files and listen to tunes at the same time! AND tag from file names!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 18, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #14 of 100
To be honest Apple have done a decent job of making a stylish, functional product, along with a software that is simple to use. And it just plain works.

For the average consumer most other solutions are more fiddly.

The problem lies in weak sound quality of the ipod, and bloatedness of itunes.

Now that an iMod exists, I think that makes an ipod a very attractive proposal.
Before that, the SQ issue with ipods was just too much for me.

As for you "HATING" apple and ipods, why not just sell your free shuffle and buy another brand of flash player? You can get them much cheaper and wont have to ever deal with itunes or think about having a box of hate in your pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back