I hate it when they say "Attempted delivery" when in fact they did NOT
Jun 19, 2007 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

kin0kin

Headphoneus Supremus
What's up with these delivery guys/mailman nowadays? they just blindly lie when they say that they attempted delivery when they just simply did not. This isn't the first time that this has ever happened. Many times I've been anticipating parcels at specific date and been there whole day since early morning but the damn delivery guy just never showed up, and the next thing you know, they said they tried to deliver it but nobody was at home. I've even seen some mailman just come to our building and start taking out delivery notification card, filling them up, and sticking it on the wall. Now what really pisses me off is they don't even leave a card but says they did! freaking LIARS!
mad.gif

This is Canada Post btw, and isn't the first time this has ever happened...shot them a complaint letter anyhow.

Jun 19, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 22
I recently read somewhere (how's that for a reliable source?
icon10.gif
) that mail carriers are not even bringing packages over a certain size on their routes any more and are just leaving cards for you to go get the package from the post office. The mail vehicles have limited space and with all the online buying and deliveries they don't have the room to transport them.

I once watched my mailman deposit my mail in the box, and when I went out to get it there was a package pickup card in it. I had the same reaction you did because he never even tried to ring the bell. I also expected a FedEx package and didn't get it but the FedEx web site said they tried to deliver it. I had no door sticker, so I called and they said sometimes they don't leave a door sticker if a shady character is loitering around. Right. So how am I supposed to know you tried to deliver it? And the only shady character in my neighborhood is a squirrel.

I guess my reply should have just been 'x2'.
wink.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #3 of 22
UPS does this to me. I even waited at home for two days, staring out my window. They either didn't show up and claimed delivery (online) or just walked to my door and plopped the sign. No doorbell ring or anything.

Jun 19, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #4 of 22
Everytime this happen to you, just go ahead and call, and place the complaint, with the USPS service, the offcie in charge will call the main office in the area and pull some ears.
I have placed like 10 of them, now my mailman, deliver, if not he comes the next day, and have a coffee home once in a while, they learned the hard way...
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UPS does this to me. I even waited at home for two days, staring out my window. They either didn't show up and claimed delivery (online) or just walked to my door and plopped the sign. No doorbell ring or anything.

Yup, last week my poor mom waited all day in the house instead of going to the gym to wait for my SR-80 to arrive. Then finally in the late afternoon it says online that it had a failed delivery. Total 'What mate' moment.
mad.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, at least they didn't open up your package, steal the contents, tape it back up, and then deliver it to you.

-Ed

Ed,

You'll be sore about that until your hair is grey!

Jun 19, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #8 of 22
Hmm... that happened to me too. Mostly by UPS.
Data showed they did make attepted delivery, but I was at home and nothing happened. No yellow tag on the door either.
Next day, the same thing happened. I called them, they claimed there's none at home and they did put yellow tag. Oh, really?
It turned out to be .... they left the tags. Only problem is that is not my house and not my door.

The other problem is... they did not knock. They just throw the box in the door. I heard something hitting my door, opened door, and saw my package is there, corners are swollen, the guy was leaving. I stopped the guy and asked "did you knock my door?" He said "you heard that anyway". I am little pissed though, I asked "you need my sign?" he said, "nah, everything is cool". What I found out later is he signed my package himself.

Dear UPS.
Please hire someone who can count numbers and read english.
And please do not hire complete morons.

Thanks.
Your valued customer.

Jun 19, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hajime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ed,

You'll be sore about that until your hair is grey!

I'll be sore about until the whole thing is resolved with the credit card company. (it's still pending.)

I've had a FedEx overnight express package not actually delivered because it was raining.
rolleyes.gif

-Ed

Jun 19, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #11 of 22
UPS does it to my fiance all the freakin time. She lives on a busy road where it's hard to park, so laziness must kick in or something.

Jun 19, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #12 of 22
People, do NOT use Fedex Ground. USPS, UPS are bad, but Fedex Ground really is the worst. If you have to use Fedex, use Fedex Air.

What is really upsetting is the recent USPS rules about new home projects. They no longer deliver/pick-up from a mailbox that's at your actual house. USPS in CA insists on using group mailbox concept, where they set up a tower of mailboxes on the sidewalk on the block. All the residents on the block have to walk to this tower to pick up and post mail.

What's worse, USPS no longer even attempts to deliver any packages to these houses. Unless it's a very small box they can stuff into the bigger mail box at the tower, they don't even bring the boxes or attempt any kind of delivery at home. They just leave the pickup notice in your mailbox.

The last 2 houses I lived in had this messed-up system, and these are in brand new communities of houses in $700K-900K+ range!!

To add to the insult, USPS just raised the price of the stamp again this month to indirectly tax me for their "services." To rub even more salt to the wound, I just paid my quarterly estimated tax ($$$) and the ridiculously high property tax to pay these USPS employees
frown.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #13 of 22
haha UPS used to do this to me all the time. about 2-3 years ago, i filed 3 or 4 complaints on my UPS guy in 2 weeks time span. After that I didnt have ANYTHING delivered to my house for well over a year (shipped everything to dad's work) and the driver disappeared for almost 2 years... now he is back. However, now he always delivers and even says Hi to me when I see him on the street.
very_evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What is really upsetting is the recent USPS rules about new home projects. They no longer deliver/pick-up from a mailbox that's at your actual house. USPS in CA insists on using group mailbox concept, where they set up a tower of mailboxes on the sidewalk on the block. All the residents on the block have to walk to this tower to pick up and post mail.

What's worse, USPS no longer even attempts to deliver any packages to these houses. Unless it's a very small box they can stuff into the bigger mail box at the tower, they don't even bring the boxes or attempt any kind of delivery at home. They just leave the pickup notice in your mailbox.

Is this a California only thing? I guess when I make my first multi-millions, I'll be sure to look for an existing home with a dedicated mailbox.

That is total BS, if I spend that much money on a real house, I should have a REAL mailbox. Otherwise, I'll just keep on living in a condo. What.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back