I found this in my parents room they said I could have it. w/Pics
Dec 10, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by exX08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it sounds great...

Therein lies the key! Congrats on the 'find'.

Dec 10, 2006 at 2:21 AM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicomte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thread title made me chuckle.

evil_smiley.gif

It made me click real quick thinking I might have a nightmare of a moderating job on my hands!

Dec 10, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It made me click real quick thinking I might have a nightmare of a moderating job on my hands!

Lol, I just realised why it would make you chuckle. I actually laughed myself.
icon10.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #20 of 30
So... what else did you find?

Dec 10, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #22 of 30
Never know what scores you might make going thru folks closets, refering back to the thread title;-}

Sounds good to you, then it sounds good to me ;-}

All applicable congrats presupposed ;-}

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:03 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by exX08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it sounds great I have it hooked up to my computer so I cna play songs directly to it and play it out the nice speakers that are really nice.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Therein lies the key! Congrats on the 'find'.

Absolutely! The best audio is FREE audio. This is a great way to start your transition to another system when the time comes because the digital out will allow you to add a DAC. If you're into DIY, you could even pop the hood and just have a look around or mod some of the components.

Dec 11, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #24 of 30
This is histerical! The Panasonic unit pictured is the first stereo I ever bought...man have things changed since then!

Dec 11, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CDs will always sound better through speakers if the amp/pre-amp is getting a digital signal.

Huh?
confused.gif

That's the opposite of what I've exprerienced and heard.

Dec 11, 2006 at 7:18 AM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the amp/pre-amp get a digital signal anyway
confused.gif

With a digital amp like a receiver, you can input digital signal and use the DACs in the receiver as your DAC for your source. This is mostly on low end consumer stuff though, and for the most part, "audiophile" grade components do not usually use digital amplification. This is what Daverose was talking about when he meant digital to the pre/power amp.

A few companies like Theta, TacT, and Meridian produce "digital" amps that use digital instead of analog for the power switching stage, but most still use analog. These "digital" amps differ completely from "digital" receivers. The digital for receivers refers to using digital inputs, the digital for high end components means it uses a digital switching stage for the power supply (As long as it isn't class-a which I believe use non-switching "always on" power supplys) An example of analog beating out digital is Rotel's RB-1090 which is a analog amp that many prefer to the newer, digital, 1092.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back