I found this in my parents room they said I could have it. w/Pics
Dec 9, 2006 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

exX08

500+ Head-Fier
IMG_0635.jpg

Dec 9, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #3 of 30
You found it? You mean you didn't know about it before?
confused.gif
If you're 15, shouldn't you be living with your parents?
biggrin.gif

Anyhow, congrats on your 'acquisition'. I have no idea what that stuff is, but it looks vintage and very cool
cool.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #4 of 30
Well I do live with my parents but I usually don't go in there room (No reason to) and I actually found it in the closet. Here are the models:

Receiver: Panasonic SG-D35

CD Player: Sony CDP-C315

Speakers: Panasonic SB-D350

Dec 9, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #9 of 30
Well the components don't look like they can be older then stuff from the late 80s max.....so they should hold up pretty well. The size of the speakers looks like they're going to ecclipse any current computer speaker system
biggrin.gif
The CD player will last awhile as a source for headphones (especially if it has digital out).

Dec 9, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #10 of 30
What do you mean by ecclipse them? Yes the Player has Digital out. Also I probably will get a new receiver so I wont be needing the old dinosaur. I will give it back to my parents. The CD player and speakers on the other hand are another story.

Dec 10, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by exX08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you mean by ecclipse them? Yes the Player has Digital out. Also I probably will get a new receiver so I wont be needing the old dinosaur. I will give it back to my parents. The CD player and speakers on the other hand are another story.

Well IMO, computer speakers can sound quite small (because physically they are). Speakers like what are in your photo have large woofers in them, and will always sound better then cheap computer speakers.

If the CD player does have digital out, then look into a good reciever that's digital. CDs will always sound better through speakers if the amp/pre-amp is getting a digital signal.

Dec 10, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #15 of 30
Technicaly the title is true. Anyways I'm not sure how good the receiver is because it comes in an $100 sorround system. I will be using these speakers as the front two and the stock ones for the rear (which I will vaguely use).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back