I don't understand the sennheiser momentum headphones
Jul 1, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #93 of 104
I think the Momentum is the most enjoyable and comfortable closed headphone, at and below it's price point. 

To me it sounds fast, tight, and detailed across all frequencies. The slight boom on the low end is perfect for the noisy outdoors where bass volume perception is the first thing to go.
Is it over-priced? probably, but it's also one of the very best looking headphones around. 

(and yes, I have small ears that fit effortlessly within it's warm lambskin embrace).

Jul 1, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #96 of 104
well if its about the music, not the gear i don't think it was necessary to spend ~$300 + on a portable pair of headphones. Also the begining quality of the music is very important. Even if you have a dedicated amp, dac, and kick ass headphones if your source is low quality the sound will be low quality. Your set up is usually as good as your weakest component

Jul 1, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #98 of 104
Sorry but the audio quality on youtube is VERY POOR. Even if it "goes up to 256kbps" it certainly does not sound like that even most of the time it sounds like about 96-128kbps

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #100 of 104
Quote:
Sorry but the audio quality on youtube is VERY POOR. Even if it "goes up to 256kbps" it certainly does not sound like that even most of the time it sounds like about 96-128kbps

You need to select at least 720 video resolution to get the best out of youtube's sound quality.
The lower 480 and 320 resolutions also heavily compress the music quality.

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #102 of 104
Quote:
well if its about the music, not the gear i don't think it was necessary to spend ~$300 + on a portable pair of headphones. Also the begining quality of the music is very important. Even if you have a dedicated amp, dac, and kick ass headphones if your source is low quality the sound will be low quality. Your set up is usually as good as your weakest component

I listen to only 320kbps mp3 on my iPod. 

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #103 of 104
Quote:
Still sounds bad to me on any setting on youtube.

You can't guarantee the one who uploaded the video isn't clueless, and may have just used a 128kbps or lesser mp3 for the video.

A lot of video rendering software by default only saves the audio at 128kbps no matter what video quality you chose, so even the more experienced users will pay more attention to the video than the audio quality. 

Maybe you should just use bad earphones for youtube - problem solved...? 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back