I don't understand Grados... can someone explain it me?
Dec 1, 2008 at 10:10 AM Post #16 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by ludoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Erm, that's like saying that a 1k tube amp is better than a 200 dollar one... Or that a Jaguar coupe is better than.... etc I think the price difference is not something you can take out of the equation: SR-60/80 sound great for what they cost.

i did say that they're great for what they're worth. i guess what i was trying to say is that they only give you a taste of what higher end grados can do.

Dec 1, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #17 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, the SR 60 and SR 80 sound like tinny radios once you touch the SR 225 and beyond.
biggrin.gif

I disagree. Having owned all the models in the SR line, I have come to prefer the SR-80--and possibly even the SR-60--to the 225. : )

Right now, at work, straight from my computer drive, the [AK]Zip HA-1, MK.II drives the SR-80 to satisfying effect. In all honesty, though, if someone were to swap me even: the SR-225 for the SR-80, I certainly wouldn't refuse. : )

Dec 1, 2008 at 12:48 PM Post #18 of 50
pataburd is right, there is no such progress when switching from the SR60's to the SR225's as when switching from the SR225's to the SR325i's or RS series. All is a matter of synergy and appropriate sound quality starting from the source. The better my equipment gets, the more respect I have for the Grado's.

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #22 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by hauntingtheholy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Grado SR60 is quite over rated, if you ask me. I upgraded to M-audio Q40 and immediately came. I suspect the same would have happened with any of the other upgrade options I was looking at.

um no. They sound like $150 cans, but cost $69. They are that good.

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #24 of 50
Yes they are...no they're not...yes they are...no they're not...yes they are...

What a waste of three minutes of my time...

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #25 of 50
Dec 1, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #26 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoreman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes they are...no they're not...yes they are...no they're not...yes they are...

What a waste of three minutes of my time...

Plan on "wasting" a lot more time, then, if you keep frequenting these threads.
: )

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #27 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grados are good for Rock and Rock only. And that's TO MY EARS
tongue.gif

That depends on the Grados and the set-up. My Black Dragon GS1000s seem to excel at many genres. Duffy sounded gorgeous last night
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #28 of 50
I've heard all but the rs-2s & MS-Pro. I like the RS-1s and the MS-2i. With a tube amp that lets you tube roll the gain tube, you can find your sound with these two hps. Neither will do all things exceptional but for what Grados are used for (rock and uptempo), these two cover the spread. RS-1s do live acoustic and small venue jazz while the MS-2i do electronic and electric nicely.

IMO

Dec 1, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #29 of 50
The Grado's are not for everyone. Perhaps they are simply not for you...
wink.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #30 of 50
I don't like olives.

Could someone please explain that to me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back