I don't know what type of headphones! Need Help!
May 29, 2011 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

itgm4rk

New Head-Fier
Hello, this is actually my first post and i need help to find the right choice of headphones.

I listen to a lot of stuff like dubstep, electronic, happy harcore, hardstyle etc. and i need help finding the right headphones that are around $100. I want alot of bass and clarity. I also some what care of music leaking out.

I've been looking at the Xone-XD 53's but thats too much money wise. I love the "DJ look" of the 53's and want something like those. I dont know much of what to look for nor which brands to trust. I currently have a pair of Gemini DJX-05 and im very dissapointed in them. They are not comfy and don't reproduce the sound as well as i thought they would. I want headphones that are comfy, too.

I'm starting an interest of collecting headphones and DJing too. Im also becoming an audiophile. I love to put on headphones and blast them for hours on end. I love music and i want quality headphones that can reproduce the sound very well.

So these are what i like in headphones:
1) Under, Around $100
2) More Bass and clarity
3) The "DJ look"
4) Comfortable & Flexibility  

This is open to any and all. Thank you for your future help.

thank you, 

mark

May 29, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #3 of 15
M50, should be the right choice, in fact I think there is not much room to argue.

May 29, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 15
search them on Amazon, you can see the glorious reviews. To answer the question $150 on amazon i believe, but some one told me you can them on Ebay for much cheaper price. 

May 29, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #7 of 15
sony xb 700  $70-$100

May 29, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #9 of 15
Shure 550DJ's. They're nicely priced, have the DJ look and are a no-brainer for you. I recommend them highly.

May 29, 2011 at 5:55 AM Post #11 of 15
Yeah they really deliver on sound quality. If you're expecting subwoofer like bass, I think you might be a little disappointed. But if you want nice, tight, punchy bass that's not sloppy with a very present, warm midrange and smooth treble, the 550's won't disappoint you. As far as the M50 is concerned, I'm the worst person to ask about them because they're my least favorite headphones that are constantly recommended so someone else can chime in as far as that goes.

May 29, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #12 of 15
I love the M50 when I owned them a month ago but I had to move on.

I would say the XB700 is right up your alley, very very comfortable as well and EQable

There are alot of listings for the M50 on amazon, they can go as low as $120 there. One of the guys in our local forum was able to purchase one for $11, yes ELEVEN last year when they mispriced it LOL

May 29, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #13 of 15
ok seems good. i have narrowed it down to the XB700s and 550's. The only reason i dropped the m50's was because of the price tag. thank you very much for the recommendations. My ears are open for more recommendations since it'll probably be in the time frame of two months for new headphones :/  mean while do any of you have good recommendations with the same criteria but with a detachable cord? thank you. i know im asking a lot from the community but i just want the perfect/best headphones for me. so thank you for the help and future help

mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back