I don't know about you, but my new TF10vi's are awesome!
Dec 14, 2009 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

JPIndustrie

New Head-Fier
I've been seeing a lot of threads talking about how people are disappointed with their TF10 purchase, but I for one am extremely impressed with these phones.

And I come from the Shure SE530's AND the Westone 3's. I want to give it some more listening time before I post some more thoughts, but from the 5 minutes of listening time I had when I unboxed it, already I can tell the soundstage and instrument/track seperation is as good as the aforementioned phones, possibly even better. Perhaps I like the Ultimate Ears signature overall.

I can't wait to hear what these sound like as my head gets used to them and they burn in a little bit. Just goes to show that in the end all of this is really subjective...

Dec 14, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #2 of 38
I loved them more after 2 days of continuous burn in
smily_headphones1.gif
. cause out of the box they weren't the same Triple FI 10's i was used to till now.. (the highs are clearer, and aren't as harsh. The bass also has been smoothed out). I actually thought I had fakes at first.

Dec 15, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #4 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by JPIndustrie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been seeing a lot of threads talking about how people are disappointed with their TF10 purchase, but I for one am extremely impressed with these phones.

And I come from the Shure SE530's AND the Westone 3's. I want to give it some more listening time before I post some more thoughts, but from the 5 minutes of listening time I had when I unboxed it, already I can tell the soundstage and instrument/track seperation is as good as the aforementioned phones, possibly even better. Perhaps I like the Ultimate Ears signature overall.

I can't wait to hear what these sound like as my head gets used to them and they burn in a little bit. Just goes to show that in the end all of this is really subjective...

Thanks, we need more positive compliment. After one day sale, TF10 pro suddenly became some cheap-ass IEM and dethrone from one of greatest IEM.
confused_face_2.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #6 of 38
I wonder if the lower-mids get tamed over time? That's what annoyed me the most about them and I couldn't appreciate the rest of the sound because in every darn song the overly-bloaty high bass/lower mids 250hz stuff were too pronounced. I'm the one that posted that "other" disappointed in TF10 post, I almost thought they were fakes to be honest.

BTNH, how do they still compare to the PFE's? That's one thing I didn't think the TF10 could ever beat, even after burn in.

Dec 15, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #7 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by loopsider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if the lower-mids get tamed over time? That's what annoyed me the most about them and I couldn't appreciate the rest of the sound because in every darn song the overly-bloaty high bass/lower mids 250hz stuff were too pronounced. I'm the one that posted that "other" disappointed in TF10 post, I almost thought they were fakes to be honest.

BTNH, how do they still compare to the PFE's? That's one thing I didn't think the TF10 could ever beat, even after burn in.

10 pro can not beat PFE in terms of prominent vocal ?

Dec 15, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #8 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by loopsider /img/forum/go_quote.gif

im enjoying music on the TP10's abit more than I was with the PFE's. It's more musical to my ears, which makes it fun. So i'd have to say they compare real well against the PFE's
smily_headphones1.gif

I miss the mids on the PFE's however, since they're abit more forward, but the clear & detailed high's on the TP10 make up for it, to my ears.

Dec 15, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #9 of 38
I just got mine from the logitech site. Hmm... the voices are definately distant compared to the SE530. I like the bass better but there is some missing mids here. Its all bass or treble. I actually like them so far, they sound good. They sound high end at least to me. Problem lies that I just looked at my dumbo cyborg looking self in the mirror and Im not sure I will ever leave the house with these. They look embarassing to me. My boss at work would ask what the heck is stuck in my ears. They are rediculous. Besides I cant get them to not pop out on me. Ugh. I like the sound for sure but this fit just isnt going to work out. Gotta save and send them off to Fisher.

Dec 15, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #10 of 38
I had a somewhat similar experience with mine at first. It wasn't that I didn't like them, I was just underwhelmed by them. However, after a day or two I grew to like them much more. I don't know what it is... the balanced armatures type drivers are not supposed to be affected by "burn in", but it wasn't until about ten hours in that I changed my mind. I will listen to my second pair a bit before I send them off to Fisher for remolding to see if they REALLY sound any different, or if it's all in my head.

EDIT: As for the fit, the nozzles are larger and I have to use the smallest size of silicons sleeves, but they fit me just fine! I'm going to give the Sony Hybrids a try, though - I want something that will give me a more "tactile" seal - right now with the small silicons they feel like they could easy pop out and break the seal with out any provacation... they haven't yet, though.

I've never bothered wearing any of my other IEMs over the ear, but I definitely like wearing them that way now that I have.

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #11 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by btnh47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im enjoying music on the TP10's abit more than I was with the PFE's. It's more musical to my ears, which makes it fun. So i'd have to say they compare real well against the PFE's
smily_headphones1.gif

It's great, isn't it? It has to be that 3 driver design. I always found Westone 3's a little too 'bassy' and i did notice the 530's rolled off highs but it seems the TF10 is a good mix, but lacking a little in the midrange.

After some more time listening the sound stage is definitely more apparent. I always thought the mix on 'Live on Two Legs' by Pearl Jam was a little too narrow, but the TF10's make the band sound 'forward' of the audience. Very nice, and the voice features are great too (but lacks the fwd/rv control of the HF2's).

Overall, if were talking about value, this HAS to be the greatest choice for ~$150 if you can get it.

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #12 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by btnh47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I loved them more after 2 days of continuous burn in
smily_headphones1.gif
. cause out of the box they weren't the same Triple FI 10's i was used to till now.. (the highs are clearer, and aren't as harsh. The bass also has been smoothed out). I actually thought I had fakes at first.

they get much better with a longer burn imo. i love their punch and highs especially for the fact that the highs dont distort or hurt ears, like westone 3 which i sold.

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got mine from the logitech site. Hmm... the voices are definately distant compared to the SE530. I like the bass better but there is some missing mids here. Its all bass or treble. I actually like them so far, they sound good. They sound high end at least to me. Problem lies that I just looked at my dumbo cyborg looking self in the mirror and Im not sure I will ever leave the house with these. They look embarassing to me. My boss at work would ask what the heck is stuck in my ears. They are rediculous. Besides I cant get them to not pop out on me. Ugh. I like the sound for sure but this fit just isnt going to work out. Gotta save and send them off to Fisher.

Flip-flop mod (use right earpiece in left and vice versa) will take care of that Dumbo or Frankenstein look.
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #14 of 38
yes I love mine.. Got a seal faster and easier than I did with my "suppose to be the most comfortable IEM" Westone 2.

I just sent my TF10vi to Fisher to become a Blue Custom!
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #15 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, we need more positive compliment. After one day sale, TF10 pro suddenly became some cheap-ass IEM and dethrone from one of greatest IEM.
confused_face_2.gif

Agreed. When they were $400, you couldn't find a single negative review about them. When they went down to $99, they're suddenly "midrange." Audiophiles have deep psychological flaws that make them a) disparage cheap hardware and b) embrace cheap mods like switching tips or orientations. Rather paradoxical...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back