I don't know about you, but my new TF10vi's are awesome!
Dec 15, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonnybobiche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. When they were $400, you couldn't find a single negative review about them. When they went down to $99, they're suddenly "midrange." Audiophiles have deep psychological flaws that make them a) disparage cheap hardware and b) embrace cheap mods like switching tips or orientations. Rather paradoxical...

Indeed. I'm one of the folk who didn't purchase the TF10 for $99. Nor did I purchase the SE530, IE8 or the UM3X for that price. I paid through the nose for each of these phones like many other people who frequent this forum. Of these IEMs, I prefer the sound signature of the TF10. I'm afraid it really is that simple but please don't take my word for it.

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #32 of 38
I dont know about the TF10, but audiophools are *not* awesome. They are sad, grey little men who sit in basements stressing over whether their gear will ever be good enough. If something makes you happy, I say do it.

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont know about the TF10, but audiophools are *not* awesome. They are sad, grey little men who sit in basements stressing over whether their gear will ever be good enough. If something makes you happy, I say do it.

I don't stress my gear, I just hammer over it if it ever disappoints me
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #35 of 38
I think there are a lot of things going on here.

The first and most obvious is the bigger sample size due to the sale. It's expected that with more reviews, you'd also get more negative reviews. Secondly, you have people who bought them just for the price... with the Amazon sale you have a lot of people who took a buy now ask questions later philosophy, worried they may miss out on the good deal. So where as before people researched and possibly auditioned the TF10 when they were paying 300, 400 dollars for it, now people just piled on. And I think a lot of people were expecting the world and more due to the amount of praise the TF 10 received, and when it didn't live up to their unrealistic expectations, they are came here to piss and moan about it. And finally, I think that there are some who are more likely to complain and find fault with their 100 dollar product than they are with their 400 dollar product. They (some) become emotionally invested and don't want to think they wasted all that money. Of course, other people will become hyper critical as well.

Personally, the TF10 wasn't even on my radar as an IEM I was considering purchasing at 300+ dollars. I come from the Shure product line up (e2c, SCL4) and so I knew the sound signature would at least be... different from what I'm accustomed to. For 100 bucks, I think these are great. I think at 200 bucks, these are still a great deal. But I don't know if I would be happy with these for 300+ dollars. I still may check out some of the other IEMs I was considering before to see how they compare. The TripleFi 10s are definitely not my "perfect" earphone, but they are pretty damn good imho. But I can see how they are not everybody's cup of tea.

At the end of the day, not everybody is going to like them and if you don't you should return them or find somebody else to take them off your hands. You shouldn't try to like something you don't.

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #36 of 38
Well said Mesasone.. Very well said.

I'm in the same boat. I would never have spent over $300 for them.. They are very large, and look funny. but when I saw the $99 dollar deal I thought no way. and jumped at them.. I got 2. I recently did do my research, and read and read up on what might be my perfect earphone. and I bought the Westone 2 on Cyber Monday. got a great deal, and it was about the best I could afford at that time. Soon after that the amazon deal broke.. and to be honest I've been using the TF10 more than the W2.. because it should be a better phone, yes and no.. more because it's a triple driver phone, has great bass. and I was able to get a good fit with it right away. the W2 I had to wait for smaller tips and I don't like how the W2 adds pressure to your ear. My ear hurts and I see a red mark where it rests against the back of my ear.

Anyways, the ENTIRE sound of an IEM and if people like something is 100% changeable, and relative to THAT person. some will like it, some wont. But I do agree someone will like a $400 dollar product a little more than a $99. Or at least see faults in it easier. They might deny it a little more when they paid $400.

On a better note. I just sent off my TF10 to Fisher, and in a few days they will be returning to meeee looking like this.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8...3xgoodblue.jpg
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3...bluecustom.jpg

Dec 16, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #37 of 38
Honestly. Now that I've listened to them for a bit, these are every bit on par with the SE530 and the Westone 3's.

I've learned that bottom line, each earphone gives you an experience. I suppose that's the point of being someone who enjoys the hobby of listening to music, an audiophool? :lol:

I was considering spending $300 for these, just as I did when I was contemplating purchasing the SE530s for around the same price, I'm happy that looking back on it, I would have been happy with these phones as well.

Dec 16, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #38 of 38
TF 10 is one of my first ever IEMs. Unlike the majority of headfi-ers who own diverse lineup of headphones, I can only make comparisons base on what I currently have... the Sony MDR 7506.

For sound I gotta say Triple Fi 10 shares the virtues of my Sony MDR 7506 (for its extended, not hyped bass) and a Sony MDR CD900ST (for overall clean sound).

I don't own a CD900ST, but they're described by the majority as ultra clean sounding version of MDR 7506 without its piercing hyped up treble... that is how i think the TF 10 sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back