I Did It!
Mar 30, 2009 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

ExplosiveDuck

Head-Fier
I finally just bought a freaking pair of headphones and got it over with.

The amount of time I spend on these forums reading around for the right pair of headphones is ridiculous! I spent the $84 (w/ shipping) on Amazon on a new pair of ATH-AD700's, because I hear they have a great soundstage and good detail, not to mention they're a good set of headphones for the price.

My wallet is still alive and I'm not bankrupt, and I'll finally get back the hour a day I've been spending reading and trying to find a good pair of headphones to get.

I'll report back when I get them, and try and give as good a review as possible of the AD700's compared to a pair of HD280's and K701's.

Thanks for the help everyone, I finally did it!

Mar 30, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #2 of 20
I have only one word for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExplosiveDuck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My wallet is still alive and I'm not bankrupt

Yet
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 30, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #3 of 20
Yeah seriously...

Don't tell my girlfriend..

Mar 30, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yet
very_evil_smiley.gif

Totally...

First I simply wanted "some decent headphones", then "hm let me try modding the X-Fi", then "I really want to try a tube amp", "oh no I must have a better DAC"... and now I really want a Buffalo 32S with a balanced tube amp and HD650s...
confused_face.gif

Mar 30, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #7 of 20
Congrat for the new aquirement !
I remember when I was spending considerable time reading in order to buy my first hi-end headphones (well... not so long ago..),i was wishing so hard that ATH-AD700 would fit my need or people would agree they do cause they looked sooooo good !! Really , they're pretty headphones ! If one day im seeing a good deal and im having the benediction of my wife (cause me i can't hide it from her !
redface.gif
) i'll probably put my hand on it.

Happy listening !

Mar 30, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #8 of 20
They just seem to have a huge soundstage, especially considering they look like you could fit a freakin' quartet inside of them.

I do come on here because I'm bored too, and I try and educate myself about everything I can, and it helps me to be a little better versed in the audio world.

Like, now I'll know what people are talking about when they talk about "cans"!

Plus I find myself reading through the technical threads that I have no idea about and come out with the slightest bit more knowledge.

...And then after hours of reading on here, you find out that there are 10 people who love headphone X and 10 people who hate headphone X. Makes you wonder...

Mar 30, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #9 of 20
Mar 30, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #11 of 20
Wow - Thanks for letting me know about all those problems people were having. I'll definitely give the company a call tomorrow morning as soon as I wake up to make sure they send me the right ones.

Thanks - G'night

Mar 30, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ExplosiveDuck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah seriously...

Don't tell my girlfriend..

Don't worry, I wont tell her when I see her tonight....

... sorry, you left yourself open for that one. I just couldn't resist!
floatsmile.png

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #15 of 20
Hmm, hurryup hasn't logged on since the 27th. Maybe he finally bought them and is staring out the window every 5 minutes to see if the mailtruck came...

Anyways, I think you should put your wallet in a safe hiding place. It will thank you.

MMM toobs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back