I can't wink..
Apr 14, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by sisenor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody else?

Just blow kisses!
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #18 of 33
i can wink with both eyes, move each eyebrow independently of the other and wiggle my ears.

however... i cannot open my eyes wide to express surprise. no matter how hard i try, they just don't widen. it's a bit of a nuisance, actually.

Apr 14, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can do other things too.
evil_smiley.gif

That's what she said.
biggrin.gif

I learned how to wink my other eye
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #20 of 33
I can wink with both eyes, wiggle my ears/scalp/nose, whistle, and roll my tongue left/right/in a U.

I can't whistle with my hands at all or make a water-drop noise with my mouth and finger... =[

Apr 15, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i can wink

but i cant do the one eye brow up like the rock!

I can wink with both but i can only get the brow with my left eye. The right just doesn't know how lol.

Apr 15, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #23 of 33
physiologically, one can easily wink using the large muscle surrounding the eye, as in squeezing the eye shut. It is either impossible or extremely difficult however to drop one eyelid alone, without the other moves of the whole eye. Try it. It's the way our brains are wired.
Now for the geeky party trick: Try turning your right foot in a clockwise circle. Now at the same time try to draw the letter 6 in the air with the right hand.
Bonus points to whoever figures the trick to overcome the natural block to doing this.

Apr 15, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #24 of 33
I can move my eye brows and eye lids independently, and I can roll my tongue and wiggle my scalp.

I can also move my eyes independently.

Apr 15, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by rocdoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try turning your right foot in a clockwise circle. Now at the same time try to draw the letter 6 in the air with the right hand.
Bonus points to whoever figures the trick to overcome the natural block to doing this.

Start from drawing the inside of the number 6?
Seems like..I might..be able to do it starting from outside..but..feels awkward

Apr 15, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my fiance cannot either - i think it is just a disease shared by those with higher than average intelligence. i can do pretty much any monkey-brained thing with my face

X2 with my gf. She's WAYYY smarter than I am and she can't whistle either.
Me being psyc student, I may try to research this some more?

Apr 15, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Now for the geeky party trick: Try turning your right foot in a clockwise circle. Now at the same time try to draw the letter 6 in the air with the right hand.

I swear I can almost feel my neurons overloading when trying to do that.
eek.gif

Apr 15, 2008 at 10:08 AM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

physiologically, one can easily wink using the large muscle surrounding the eye, as in squeezing the eye shut. It is either impossible or extremely difficult however to drop one eyelid alone, without the other moves of the whole eye. Try it. It's the way our brains are wired.

I think I might have did it wrong, b/c I did this with no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back