I can't understand why anyone would not Love Michael Jackson ???? He is the greatest entertainer of all time !!
Jun 26, 2010 at 7:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 79

leeperry

Galvanically isolated his brain
couldn't have said it better: http://www.amazon.com/tag/music/forum/?&cdForum=Fx1YA4ZE83NG9MC&cdThread=Tx37E2NRD99YUKC 
piksou.gif

Jun 26, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #3 of 79
I couldn't love Michael Jackson simply because I don't much care for his music. Maybe if I'd been around when he was in his prime and seen how much of a great entertainer he apparently was that would be different but I wasn't.

Jun 26, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #4 of 79
but hes not the greatest entertainer high. hes actually scary 

Jun 26, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #8 of 79
I just find it deeply funny/pathetic that some ppl can be bored enough to fill 95 pages on the amazon.com board about such a subjective matter as liking/hating MJ
biggrin.gif

I'm a deep Bjork fan, and it seems that some ppl turn nuts when they hear her voice, hah. I can only quote this guy from the first page on that link:
 if you watch any old James Brown clips you will see that Michael does many of the godfather's moves. Watch a James Brown video and see the king!! He was an entertainer!!!

Jun 26, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #10 of 79
While MJ was a great entertainer, I certainly wouldn't consider him the greatest. Considering how long he had been around, he wasn't the most prolific artist and some of his material, especially the later albums, was mediocre at best. Slight OT, last night ABC aired a special 20/20 devoted to MJ which included an interview with three people who were part of his inner circle. The said there was no way he was ready for his comeback tour in London and they were concerned about his health and well being during rehearsals.  Some of what they said can be found here:

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/MichaelJackson/michael-jackson-circle-address-rumors/story?id=11002573&page=1

Jun 26, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #11 of 79
His reported child abuse didn´t do much good for his PR I believe... But if we stick to music yes he did know his profession. And a good entertainer to boot.

Jun 26, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #12 of 79
I am not a MJ fan but I will admit I watched "This Is It" mostly out of curiosity. I don't think anyone will disagree he was a talented entertainer who died before his time.

Jun 26, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #13 of 79
oqvist:
His reported child abuse didn´t do much good for his PR I believe...

Yep, it crushed it for many people Before that, he was an eccentric with a difficult childhood. After he became a pervert. Remove the man, and I love the art of Michael Jackson. Thriller and Bad are two of my all time favorite albums.

Where greatest entertainer is concerned, my vote goes to Madonna. I've been to a couple of her tours and thought it was grand popular entertainment. She mixed it up a lot more. MJ got stuck in this Moonwalker faze and never left, where stage presence was concerned.

It's really a generational thing though. There will always be a better past greatest, or a future greatest; touchstones for generations.

Jun 26, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #14 of 79
It all gets to the point of what you consider entertaining or not...IMO to see a (gay???) herrr....guy dancing and using stupid fancy clothes while singing crap and faking a voice, with a bunch of guys that he did not even know their names behind him, is not my thing...sorry...

I rather enjoy to see a show of any heavy metal band, or any good band from the 60's or 70's...Pink Floyd, The Who, ELP, Deep Purple, Zeppelin, or any Jazz good assembly, Metheny, Stern, Gambale, Corea, Dimeola, etc...To me he sucks big time, and IMO he have been greatly and big time overated by the music industry to just make money, as many others...period...
I even enjoy a lot more to see the beautiful Diana Krall playing than him sorry....

BTW...RIP....

Jun 26, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #15 of 79
Quote:
To me he sucks big time, and IMO he have been greatly and big time overated by the music industry to just make money, as many others...

Agreed that he's overrated, but don't you think you're being a little bit harsh? If you think all the good bands in the 60s were in it just for the music, and that the record companies were in it just for the music, you're delusional. The business has been about profit in every era. The music and artists they produce only reflect what will make profit. In the 60s and 70s it was rock and metal bands. In Jackson's era it was her...guys dancing in stupid fancy clothes. I bet if Robert Plant didn't expect the rock god look to sell so well, he would have been covered in rhinestones too.

Quote:
BTW...RIP....

I'm sure your heartfelt condolences are appreciated 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back