I can't find Skylines
Nov 6, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #31 of 50
www.motorex.net is the only way to get one in the united states afaik, i would suggest contacting them

the new skylines come out in december and are 70k, as for getting one from motorex. . .

you have a huge waiting list AND a 25,000 usd importation/customs tax and then the price of the car

so you can get an R34 (completely legal) in 1-2 years for 100,000 or a faster, cheaper, newer skyline in 6 months.

pricecon.jpg

up to you

(also)

the R32's are the fastest stock skylines according to the stock statistics given by nissan, they are also the cheapest.

Nov 6, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #33 of 50
For those who keeps saying Motorex. THEY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS.

Nov 6, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #34 of 50
Your best bet would be to find a good used one in Japan and import it using a service as such this one:

http://www.wallacelab.com/Pricing.htm

It won't be cheap however, and will require extensive modifications to make it DOT and EPA compliant.

I love the RB26DETT and Skylines in general, but I don't really think its worth importing it unless you plan on heavily tuning it, as there are better-handling and faster cars out there for cheaper.

Nov 6, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #35 of 50
You really have no idea. I would trade all my gear just to BID on that car here in California. I would pay $150,000 for it.

Nov 6, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #36 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You really have no idea. I would trade all my gear just to BID on that car here in California. I would pay $150,000 for it.

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I love the R34, and I think it's probably the best tuner car ever made. Good luck in your search
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #37 of 50
Quote:

MotoRex is out of business and it's not legal to import from Japan anymore because of safety crash here. Although if I can't find any in the next year or so I have to shell out $70,000 for a new Skyline which isn't half bad as I read what the performance on it. The only bad thing is that there is barely enough tuning kits when it come out.

Yeah...but look at the platform you're starting at. Hell...the engine is based off the R390. Honestly, I think its going to be alot better than the R34 performance wise...although I prefer how the R34 looks personally.

Nov 6, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #38 of 50
Quote:

I'm all for owning your dream car, but man, there are sweeter rides out there.

For that price, you could be cruising around in one of these:

http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/asset...04/Ford-GT.jpg

And I promise you, a Skyline wouldn't stand a chance against one.

Speaking of hot cars, I was walking through the garage of the apartment complex a friend of mine is living in over the weekend.

I turn my head and sitting right in front of me is a Porsche Carrera GT.

Talk about getting weak in the knees. I snapped a couple pics of it, apologies for the fact that it was my cell phone. And sorry for the thread hijack.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...eCarreraGT.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...CarreraGT2.jpg

Nov 6, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #39 of 50
to bad the ford GT sold for what, 150k, and the GT-R should be somewhere in the 70's, not to mention just being able to wander into a nissan dealer and being able to order one, getting your hands on the Ford GT would be a tad harder

as for performance, their close, the ford GT did 0-60 in 3.3, the Gt-R does it in 3.5, handling wise, the GT-R's ring lap time speaks for itself, one mag reported a legit 7:48 on production tires, 7:42 for the ford GT

hmm, half the cost and 95% of the performance, yeah, i'd go with the GT-R,

Nov 6, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #40 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by nysulli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
to bad the ford GT sold for what, 150k, and the GT-R should be somewhere in the 70's, not to mention just being able to wander into a nissan dealer and being able to order one, getting your hands on the Ford GT would be a tad harder

as for performance, their close, the ford GT did 0-60 in 3.3, the Gt-R does it in 3.5, handling wise, the GT-R's ring lap time speaks for itself, one mag reported a legit 7:48 on production tires, 7:42 for the ford GT

Except he said he'd pay 150k for it,
and it's not LEGAL TO DRIVE.

It should also be of note that the Skyline was developed specifically for Nürburgring. This is notable because it still loses by a full 6 seconds according to your time, which I'm not sure is legitimate. I searched around a bit online, and could not find a mention of the Nissan's lap time for the ring.

This thread is getting ridiculously redundant.

Nov 6, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #41 of 50
pretty much everyone who has posted in this thread has no idea what they are talking about at all

motorex was the only legit way to get a skyline into the states but they went under due to legal issues having to do with not actually doing all the tests they claimed to or something along those lines

as to whoever suggested buying one in canada and swapping vin's your pretty stupid for a number of reasons

1)it's stupidly illegal and would result in quite a few criminal charges i'm sure
2)even if you could get away with it customs would have a record of the plate numbers which could be traced back to canadian insurance which would then have the vin resulting in going to point 1

about the only way that you'll get one legally is to shell out crazy cash for one of the few legally registered ones or move to another country

Nov 6, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #43 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by nysulli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I already have a 2000 Ferrari 360 Modena which I got for $78,000 so I don't need the Ford GT which I have test drived. I also have a Chrylser 300 which is heavily customized. So if I don't get this Skyline R34 I would be either getting Mitsubishi Evolution X or the new 2008 Skyline R35 GT-R. Yes, I love ricer cars and I love to drift, not that good but I can pull some good ones.

Nov 6, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #44 of 50
Quote:

I already have a 2000 Ferrari 360 Modena which I got for $78,000 so I don't need the Ford GT which I have test drived. I also have a Chrylser 300 which is heavily customized. So if I don't get this Skyline R34 I would be either getting Mitsubishi Evolution X or the new 2008 Skyline R35 GT-R. Yes, I love ricer cars and I love to drift, not that good but I can pull some good ones.

So buy an older model, and have aftermarket parts to customize it to the level of the R34. It's not that difficult -- just costly.

Hell, put a professional body-kit on it and drive it like it's an R34. I mean, it's not the legitimate thing, on the other hand cops won't hate you either.

Nov 6, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #45 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoxMonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as to whoever suggested buying one in canada and swapping vin's your pretty stupid for a number of reasons

1)it's stupidly illegal and would result in quite a few criminal charges i'm sure
2)even if you could get away with it customs would have a record of the plate numbers which could be traced back to canadian insurance which would then have the vin resulting in going to point 1

Replies to your points:

1) Yes, very illegal but who the hell cares, the people who do this are criminals already, they street race almost every night. Just because it's extremely illegal doesn't mean it's stupid, if this is only way available to obtain a Skyline (not that I would want one) I wouldn't mind breaking some laws to get it.

2) No and no....and no, if you buy from third party and drive to US as soon as possible, there's no way the American or Canadian can trace your purchase.

And....lets assume, that you perform the VIN exchange in Canada and drive down to US, you can prove customs that you have a normal Nissan car with a crazy Skyline body kit on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back