I can't find Skylines
Nov 5, 2007 at 8:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

Audio-Fi

100+ Head-Fier
I am trying to find me a Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R. I am in the west coast and desperate for one. Most of the Skylines are saw are R33 but all of the R34 owners doesn't want to sell theirs. That's like my tuner car and have so much dreams for it now I have been hunting for one since 2005. Any help?

Nov 5, 2007 at 8:21 AM Post #3 of 50
I really don't like the newer version (well I do but I don't want to wait another year and I'll bet it's expensive as Bentley). I had my share of drifting 2 years ago with my beloved Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution but now it's sold and I am in need of a new one. Not necessarily for drifting. I only like R34 1999-2004?

Nov 5, 2007 at 8:23 AM Post #4 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, can't help you but I admire your tastes!

really? Seems like the cliche dream car for every teenager...

but I do empathize with your situation. It took me months to find my first bike in the exact color/model I wanted. I've also been searching/waiting for my dream car and nothing has popped up in the classifieds for a loooooong time. It's agonizing.

Nov 5, 2007 at 8:29 AM Post #5 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
really? Seems like the cliche dream car for every teenager...

but I do empathize with your situation. It took me months to find my first bike in the exact color/model I wanted. I've also been searching/waiting for my dream car and nothing has popped up in the classifieds for a loooooong time. It's agonizing.

LOL thank you for "implying" that I was a teenager.

Nov 5, 2007 at 8:35 AM Post #6 of 50
Well, you have to buy one that is already in California, since of 200(something) it's illegal to import Skylines. You also can't bring skylines from other states in because California has different car laws.

Also, what you can do is, buy a skyline from Canada, and drive it back down to California and buy a savaged title Nissan S13/14 and register it in California. Rip out the firewall of the S13/14 and the frame that has the VIN number on and cut out the Skyline's frame and weld on the S13/14's frame that has it's VIN. So basically, you have a Skyline with a S13/14 VIN number on it, if cops ask, tell them that you have a S13/14 with a crazy skyline body kit on it and you have the VIN number to show it. I know a couple people in the bay area who have done this.

At least there's hope for your dream car. My dream car is the Audi S1, which is impossible to obtain since there's about 10 of them in the world and it is strictly illegal to drive in America, and also, it's known as the world's dangerous car....well it's among the group of deadliest cars ever made, Group B, which is banned worldwide.

Nov 5, 2007 at 10:12 AM Post #9 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These guys used to do imports and conversions, but it looks like they don't do the GT-R anymore.

http://www.motorex.net/

They don't import anymore.

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:03 AM Post #10 of 50
I used to be into cars.

But LA has sucked the fun of driving completely out for me.
frown.gif

-Ed

Nov 5, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #11 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry I wasn't trying to imply that, but you have to admit a lot of teenagers drive/want skylines. It's the ultimate toy car.

I know a lot of teenagers want it and blindly glorify it, that and the fact that it was in fast and furious makes it look bad but don't let it detract from the car itself, it's still an awesome track car definitely not just a toy car or just for show. The r34 still benchmarked the 996 911 turbo around the nurburgring (don't remember if it's faster) but the new one also benchmarked the 997 911 turbo around the nurburgring and this time it actually IS faster. That's the mentality of the people who engineer skylines.

Oh and op you can check out motorex to see if you can still import one, I could have sworn I heard they had problems or shut down but their website is up so maybe I heard wrong.

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #12 of 50
What are you looking to spend?

You can try craigslist... ebay.... autotrader.com

Also, join a few forums. There's probably a skyline forum around... http://www.skylineowners.com/ perhaps?

They are selling cars all the time on those forums.

My dream car is a Lotus Elise. Rather affordable, and blindingly fast around a track. Give it a little more oomph under the hood and it would give a GTR all it wants.
wink.gif

Right now I'm looking at Nissan 300zxs from the early 90s. Such a fantastic little car.

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #13 of 50
MotoREX stoped importing as it is now illegal to do so. the laws changed. but when you could get one it was about $90k for a quick, super-impractical coupe. its right hand drive!! if i were you i would get a similar vintage porsche 911 turbo. or get a new STI or evo X. i too lust after the skyline but to find a non abused example is almost non-existant, as most that buy them have more money than brains.

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #15 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The r34 still benchmarked the 996 911 turbo around the nurburgring (don't remember if it's faster) but the new one also benchmarked the 997 911 turbo around the nurburgring and this time it actually IS faster. That's the mentality of the people who engineer skylines.

It's two seconds faster. However, the GT-R ran on slicks.

That's not to say it isn't a quick car...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back