I burned myself with a soldering iron
Dec 27, 2006 at 1:27 PM Post #46 of 54
A friend's brother burned himself in the eye with a solder, while trying to make a stun gun, which he then burnt someone else on, on the arm, and burnt off all the skin...

But I think his vision had made a full recovery and is acutally fine ....lol

btw is it bad to be breathing the smoke from the solders? because it smells very metallic...

Dec 27, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #48 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by PPK812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A friend's brother burned himself in the eye with a solder, while trying to make a stun gun, which he then burnt someone else on, on the arm, and burnt off all the skin...

But I think his vision had made a full recovery and is acutally fine ....lol

btw is it bad to be breathing the smoke from the solders? because it smells very metallic...

Metallic ?

I love the smell of rosin in the morning.

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #49 of 54
hi I think I had suffered third-degree burns can you research or whatever these symptoms, please:
- charred around burn.
-Nowhere near as little pain there should have been
-blistering
-scarring
thanks.

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #51 of 54
a while ago now (about September last year) so its all healed up and left a scar that looks kinda like a wart on my finger, but I'm curious on what type of burn it was and what I should have done.

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #52 of 54
  a while ago now (about September last year) so its all healed up and left a scar that looks kinda like a wart on my finger, but I'm curious on what type of burn it was and what I should have done.

Ir was probably what we call a partial thickness burn and these do scar occasionally. The usual treatment of this sort of burn is the local application of an antibiotic cream called Silvadene and keeping it clean. Moist wounds heal better than dried out ones do and using the cream can sometimes prevent scarring (not always). I'm sorry you had to go through this.

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #53 of 54
It hurt way less than it should have that's why I thought it maybe a 3rd degree burn, because with a 3rd degree burn you feel little to no pain no judging I was 11 years old and not crying. It probably was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back