I broke my Shure SRH840's :'(
Jul 30, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #16 of 46
um, I'd just bend the truth about what happened, as far as i see it, the joint was already signifigantly weakened structurally due to a  manufacturing defect unknown to the consumer at the time...

Jul 31, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #18 of 46
When I was shovelling snow I accidentally tore the 3.5mm plug off on my srh840's, I called them up and they asked to send them a photocopy of the receipt and my address, I didn't call them or anything in the day after next a new cable was in my mailbox. their warranty support is second to none

Jul 31, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #19 of 46

Quote:
When I was shovelling snow I accidentally tore the 3.5mm plug off on my srh840's, I called them up and they asked to send them a photocopy of the receipt and my address, I didn't call them or anything in the day after next a new cable was in my mailbox. their warranty support is second to none

I know, Shure has amazing customer support and I will continue buying from them. If they keep up the good support that is.

Aug 7, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #20 of 46
hmm, well, I contacted them over a week ago...on Wednesday i got a reply asking me to forward the receipt, which I did. But I still haven't heard anything back.

Aug 7, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #21 of 46
Nice to know to avoid shure products it's laughable that these companies use plastic in the most stressful parts IT SHOULD be metal.
Wont be buying shure headphones EVER after this.

Aug 7, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #22 of 46

Quote:
Nice to know to avoid shure products it's laughable that these companies use plastic in the most stressful parts IT SHOULD be metal.

That's very harsh, trust me.

Aug 7, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #23 of 46

Quote:
and keep the accessories they will send you a new box with headphones and accessories meaning you will have double of everything. happened to me.

When I sent my SE215's in all I got were two earpieces and a cable individually wrapped in plastic. No box or accessories.

Aug 7, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #24 of 46

Quote:

Very over-dramatic.  The plastic parts keep cost down for those of us who don't pile drive our headphones .  I want as much of the money I'm spending going into SQ.

Aug 7, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #25 of 46

Quote:

As much as I agree that it should be metal it is much stronger of plastic then you give it credit for. Also Shure has amazing customer support.

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #26 of 46
They got back to me on facebook (since i asked them who i should contact initially), asking if my problem had been resolved. I said it hadn't and they then replied that they were trying to follow the case up.

They do try to help for sure.

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #30 of 46
Hey guys, just a quick update.

Sent the Shure SRH840's off to Shure Distribution (I broke them, by accidentally stepping on them), and they sent me a brand new pair, boxed, with all accessories. So I now have 3 sets of ear pads, 2 coiled cables and 2 carry bags.

YAY FOR SHURE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back