I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread
Jun 15, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #1,263 of 1,630
The seller told me that I can return it for a refund. He offered to replace it, but I don't want to take the iBasso route anymore. The sound quality of the R10 was the best I ever heard and I will kind of miss that sound, while it lasted. I read a lot about the AK120 and it has software issues as well, which is kind of ridiculous for a $1300 player. I'll stick to my iPhone 5S until a stable ESS9018-like player is released.

Jun 15, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #1,264 of 1,630
I also bought mine from Amazon from a Japanese store and got my replacement through them. Though it was very frustrating with my first unit, I am happy with the second one. Maybe a replacement will work the same way for you. We just got bad luck. Maybe you can ask the seller to test the unit for you befor sending it, which I did. If they agree. You get the good one and never have a problem to fix, just play music and that's all. Or just get the refund, it's your call. I also was afraid not to get another bad unit back then.

As for SD cards, back those days maybe in this thread or another one there was a lot of talking about SQ of different brands and sizes. So, with SQ in my mind I ended up buying 10 Toshiba Exceria 16 Gb each, as they said bigger ones or other brands used to add a hiss though that is technically hard to explain...maybe more work for the already small processor...
Please search threads about that before deciding. One forum friend even replaced his SD collection after the tests he did.
Also smaller size takes way less time for scanning and keeps R10 more responsive. You will never listen to X Gb in a single session and they are so small I have them all in a little pelican case size of a cigarette pack. That used to be a whole desk full of tapes and later CD s...

HiFi Music sources.
I recently found a site "loselessclub" with a huge collection of music under strict regulations of quality and all, but we need an invitation to register. It's Russian I think but they also have English version. Just take a look, it's even organized as a music store not a regular torrent...
I'll try to make an account if I manage to get that invitation from them..

Jun 15, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #1,265 of 1,630
I chose a refund. I know I'll miss the sound quality. The AK240 is the only player that rivals the sound quality, but I can wait. I'll send it back insured with registered shipping.

Jun 15, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #1,266 of 1,630
It's good you made up your mind and the insurance is the only way to go, I had to answer lots of customs and PO questions cos all of them were intrigued by the high value of the product, made me open the box, explain etc. They even stopped it for a month in Holland, the military PO.
I think when they see the generic "music player" description they expect to cost 20$ and only know about MP3 players. Not to mention all phones today "play music" so... we are for sure drug dealers or terrorists hiding smth bad in the box, why would anyone in their wright minds pay so much for a strange box when you have all the music you want right in your pocket?!
If you use your iphone or ipad until your next player try Onkyo HiFi player app, pay it full version and put WAV files through transfer option in iTunes, 11band EQ set to HiFi EQ as option and at least on my setup with or without Fiio E 17 amp, Westone 4r or JBL S700, I really enjoy, even on the EarPods I think I hear differences, though I'm not really shure about that.
Good luck!

Jun 21, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #1,269 of 1,630
I beloved I jinxed my player. It can't boot up now. Was working perfect the night before and couldn't boot it up this morning.

Initially figured it was low battery. But now when its plugged into the wall charger. It shows no sign of charging. Have tried pressing the reset button on the side but its not working. Charger feels warm so I assumer its working. Anybody experienced this ? My unit is only going for its 5th charge cycle.

Jun 21, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #1,270 of 1,630
You can try to press power on, then press volume up and hold those buttons for 10 seconds. You'll get in the service menu. Release the buttons, then hold the power button and press volume up. It will show the service menu items. Use the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to choose an option.

Jun 22, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #1,273 of 1,630
You can try to press power on, then press volume up and hold those buttons for 10 seconds. You'll get in the service menu. Release the buttons, then hold the power button and press volume up. It will show the service menu items. Use the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to choose an option.

so how do u feel now without the hdp are accepting the fact to settle without a dap

Jun 23, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #1,274 of 1,630
so how do u feel now without the hdp are accepting the fact to settle without a dap
The sound of the R10 was beyond amazing, but I don't miss that DAP because it was a nightmare to use. I feel totally relieved from frustration. I'm using my iPhone 5S again since a week. The sound isn't as good, but I can listen to music whenever I want to without problems. I'm waiting for a more decent product. Until then, I'll stick to my 5S.

Jun 24, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #1,275 of 1,630
The sound of the R10 was beyond amazing, but I don't miss that DAP because it was a nightmare to use. I feel totally relieved from frustration. I'm using my iPhone 5S again since a week. The sound isn't as good, but I can listen to music whenever I want to without problems. I'm waiting for a more decent product. Until then, I'll stick to my 5S.

If you have a lot of cash to burn check the new AK line. I personally hate their marketing and personality of the manufacturer, but they seem to do nice sounding products, though extremely overpriced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back