I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread
Jun 7, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #1,111 of 1,630
I tried some 24 bit 96 kHz albums. I don't know if they are really 24 bit or upsampled. I need to find a tool to measure them. They sounded like 16 bit 44.1 kHz albums. The HDP-R10 has a very addictive sound signature. The next step is to find a good case. I don't like silicon sleeves. Hopefully, I can find a generic leather one that fits perfectly. And clean up the tags in all albums.

somehow I have an inner feeling that u r not that much impressed by the HDP

Jun 7, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #1,112 of 1,630
somehow I have an inner feeling that u r not that much impressed by the HDP
I used the HDP-R10 with my HD650. I have to use the high gain setting and turn up the volume to use the HD650 but the R10 is powerful enough to drive it. The sound is similar to my high end home rig. I'm used to this type of sound because I use my home rig often, which is why I'm not easily impressed.

Sound quality: 10/10 as good as my high end home setup
Build: 7/10 sturdy build quality, but the plastic feels cheap. I understand their choice. It's a heavy unit. Using a metal housing would make it too heavy.
Design: 5/10 unoriginal Android (front) and iPod lookalike (rear)
usability: 6/10 easy to use when it starts working, but it can freeze after startup or crash during playback. The UI lags. Doesn't sort music by folder.

Jun 7, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #1,113 of 1,630
May I ask what firmware you have installed ?
Ismitn8.03 ?
Al

Jun 7, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #1,114 of 1,630
V8.0.2

By the way, the battery life on my unit isn't 10 hours. Mine is drained from a full charge after about 5 hours using the SE846. The R10 is supposed to have a better battery than the DX100, but mine doesn't last longer than several hours. Every unneccesary setting was already turned off. I reduced things like screen brightness to save even more battery life.

Jun 7, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #1,115 of 1,630
I used the HDP-R10 with my HD650. I have to use the high gain setting and turn up the volume to use the HD650 but the R10 is powerful enough to drive it. The sound is similar to my high end home rig. I'm used to this type of sound because I use my home rig often, which is why I'm not easily impressed.

Sound quality: 10/10 as good as my high end home setup
Build: 7/10 sturdy build quality, but the plastic feels cheap. I understand their choice. It's a heavy unit. Using a metal housing would make it too heavy.
Design: 5/10 unoriginal Android (front) and iPod lookalike (rear)
usability: 2/10 easy to use when it starts working, but it can freeze. The UI lags. Doesn't sort music by folder.

Is it true? Doesn't have folder view???? That's a very big con in my case.

Jun 7, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #1,116 of 1,630
Is it true? Doesn't have folder view???? That's a very big con in my case.
Sorry, my mistake. I checked again and it does have folder navigation. It's hidden. You need to swipe the upper bar to reveal the folder view icon.

Since the resolution of the HDP-R10 screen is similar to iPhone 3G's, I won't bother fixing all the music tags to have correct album view for now. The display of the album art isn't very pleasing to me, because I'm used to the Retina Display. I can use folder view, play a song and switch to song view to see a bigger image of the album art with all the details of the song. The icons in album view are so small and low-res that it's not worth the effort to clean up the thousands of music tags.

Jun 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #1,117 of 1,630
Update to 8.03 do not use the 9.03 as it has all,the other stuff you do not need or should not use. .,if you install the 9.03 you will need to disable in the menu all,the extra stuff. Use the stock player and the unit is fine. Only with the dsd 64 does it slow the GUI . And listen to Amber he knows the unit very well .
Al

Jun 7, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #1,118 of 1,630
Update to 8.03 do not use the 9.03 as it has all,the other stuff you do not need or should not use. .,if you install the 9.03 you will need to disable in the menu all,the extra stuff. Use the stock player and the unit is fine. Only with the dsd 64 does it slow the GUI . And listen to Amber he knows the unit very well .
Al
Thanks Al, I appreciate your help. What are the benefits of 8.0.3 to 8.0.2?

Jun 7, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #1,119 of 1,630
Less pop when it turns on . Also it makes so the unit more stable .
And it does folder view go along the top and swip it's actually very good .
Al

Jun 7, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #1,120 of 1,630
I'll download it and flash it if my battery keeps getting short sessions. Stability-wise, some songs stopped playing and go to other songs. It didn't happen often, just several times. I haven't experienced freezes after the first two. Now I can shutdown, boot and play music without hanging, even after adding 10GB of music.

Jun 7, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #1,121 of 1,630
Hello. I have the new hugo and I am playing around deciding what to do as transport. My first try was my HDP r10 . Using the coax output. . Thus is making become confused.
If I play PCM up 24/192 it works fine. If I choose dsd the output becomes 24/88.2. but the bitrate on the GUI shows over 5k so dsd. . The actual output is 24/88.2 as the dac I am using displays the input info. Now this is really confusing me. The file I am playing is a download not a rip dsd 64. A little help here I am close to the edge .help
Al

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #1,122 of 1,630
Hello. I have the new hugo and I am playing around deciding what to do as transport. My first try was my HDP r10 . Using the coax output. . Thus is making become confused.
If I play PCM up 24/192 it works fine. If I choose dsd the output becomes 24/88.2. but the bitrate on the GUI shows over 5k so dsd. . The actual output is 24/88.2 as the dac I am using displays the input info. Now this is really confusing me. The file I am playing is a download not a rip dsd 64. A little help here I am close to the edge .help
Al

Hi AL,

Can you please share your impression between hugo and r10 : )

Thanks!

Jun 8, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #1,123 of 1,630
good morning i would be happy too. i just need some coffee to wake uo a little more . a quick answer is the hugo is way better at every thing .

al

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #1,124 of 1,630
My battery still only lasts about 4 hours. The specs say it lasts 9 or 10 hours and 100 hours in idle mode. It's specified to need an 8 hour charge, but mine is charged in about 4 hours. It's like they replaced the 4800 mAh battery with a cheaper one. My player had the sticker seal on the box when I received it from a Japanese online shop.

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #1,125 of 1,630
first off make sure the wifi and BT are off. next the batteries will take abiut 5 charging cycles to reach there maximum run time. next the volume and type of device ued varies the run time as does the file kind . i em,s require less power then headphones . and playing dsd as well .
al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back