I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread
Jan 29, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #916 of 1,630
Thanks and good to know I will try it. It will most likely have little bugs.
Like if you try to play music before it scans
It wiggs for airtime while. Ibexes you know what not to do
It's fine.

Al

Feb 1, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #918 of 1,630
Info not think it would hurt anything
I am sure I have done that before
Does it ok ? If yes no worries

Al

Feb 1, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #921 of 1,630
HDP r10 new. Stay away from the dx 100. Just my opinion .

Al

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #923 of 1,630
It's shame all the people that bought the dx100
Most just held onto it. Not really knowing
That there was something much better

And here is good for thought how many reviews have we read
And that was the choice for the review. It had so many
Firm ware changes and each one changed the sound. It's just ridiculous
To me. Anyway enjoy it.
Al

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #924 of 1,630
friends, look on amazon for HPRC 1300E, a small box pelican style. the foam inside has small cuts longitudinal and transversal in which the microsd sits perfectly if you push it in the cuts, like standing. Dont know the word for that, sorry, hope you get my point. :)
And for our friend that was a little upset for paying 1200$ for the R10, dont! I payed around 1200€, with taxes and all, i'm from Romania. That's about my salary for 3 months, it's like 1500$ or smth, (the expences include one return taxes for the player having only 32Gb internal). had to go to Afghanistan to afford all this. :))) Stil happy for it! :)

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #925 of 1,630
Hahaha I paid about 1300 or more with shipping
And you are correct we in the USA are like little kids
And not really knowing how much other people
Have to pay.

Feb 4, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #926 of 1,630
:))), I'm happy I could get it though! At first it seemed just impossible.
Do you think it is of any use to play my AAC collection from iTunes on R10, or just the Losless formats would show me the real improvement and AACs would be a waste of space? Cannot test it yet, I am stil a few days away from going home, stil in this s**t hole, the player went directly home after the replacement.
Thank you, my friend!

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #927 of 1,630
smily_headphones1.gif
)), I'm happy I could get it though! At first it seemed just impossible.
Do you think it is of any use to play my AAC collection from iTunes on R10, or just the Losless formats would show me the real improvement and AACs would be a waste of space? Cannot test it yet, I am stil a few days away from going home, stil in this s**t hole, the player went directly home after the replacement.
Thank you, my friend!

AAC is apple lossy format. It will sound ok but not good enough compared to Apple lossless. And as Apple lossless limits at 16/44, it is still a level below that of 24/96 24/192. This DAP really reveals quality of the record. Let's not forget it's not using some cheap DAC chip - it is ES9018 (not even mobile ver) which is being used commonly in some high-end desktop rig...if you are only using it with lossless 16/44 , it's not worth it.

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #928 of 1,630
Apple lossless is not limited to 16/44.1. You can convert any 24/192 wav, flac, or any other format to alac.

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #929 of 1,630
Thank you, gearofwar, as I bought exactly this one, and not without effort, you understand I am very familiar with formats and all, as well as R10 strengths, the plan is to be used with 24/96 WAV at least, I also bought 10 Toshiba exceria for that, I was just thinking if I have any profit of also using the almost 1000 original AACs I have, but you are right, it would be a waste of resources, like building a gamers PC to play Mario, so I'll just take your advice to keep apples with apples for common daily use and HiFi with HiFi for "higher" moments :)
Thank you, my friend, enjoy your music! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back