I am new to collecting and I am trying to figure out if I just made a mistake buying Spider Realvoice IEMs.
Dec 30, 2012 at 12:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mazda3racer

New Head-Fier
So I am new to the world of headphone collecting and I wanted to get a nice beginner pair of IEMs  for under $100. I was torn between the Meelectronics A161P and the Spider Realvoice. I have listened to some Shures in the past and found them flat and not enjoyable and I was worried the A161P would be more of the same. I also will be using these on my Galaxy Nexus and I was afraid that the A161Ps wouldn't be as forgiving. I want good clarity and sound, I don't need to rattle my eardrums but I like the sound to be on the warm side.

After reading a ton about the Spiders I am afraid that I bought something that is going too bass heavy and not clear, I am also worried the A161Ps will be too neutral for my liking as well. I listen to a lot of new folk, some blues, acoustic and rock no R&B or rap if that helps. Am I just being crazy and reading too much or should I have gone with different phones? I paid $35 for the Spiders from Newegg if that makes any difference. I wouldn't normally be worried about $35 but I am recently unemployed and on a tight budget but my wife still wanted to get me a nice Christmas gift.

Thanks, love the forums, you guys got me hooked.

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #2 of 3
The A161p is a very warm sounding IEM with forward mids and the clarity isn't as good as I think it should be.  I've never heard the Realvoice so I can't comment on those.

If your looking for a good IEM for around $100 you can get the UE700 which is a dual BA using the famed TWFK driver for $89 on Amazon which is a really good deal for those imo.

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 3
Well I stuck with the RealVoice because at the price I was able to also get the pair of Polk Monitor II 30 rears I needed  to complete my 7.1 in my living room. I think it was a good compromise :) Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back