HyperX Cloud vs Takstar Pro 80 - Are they really the same headphones?
Mar 28, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #16 of 25
So after about a week with the HyperX Cloud, I have my impressions.

I didn't have the 'WOW' factor, mainly because it's sound signature is the same as the Sennheiser HD201 that I used to own. The headphones are basiclly good, but not sure if they worth the money I paid for ($85).
To my impressions, they are the same as the Sennheiser HD201, just with better frequency response and as well better sound quality (the 201 really cheap built and lacks of bass).

Overall i'm happy with them, they are great headphones in all matters, bass, mids, highs and comfort. But again, not sure if they are worth the money I paid for them. However, I liked them very much and will keep using them for long time I guess.

Thanks everyone for helping!

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #17 of 25
For 85$ I don't think any other over the ear headphones can beat them, factoring in their build quality, amount of accessories and legendary hyperx warranty behind it, I remember having the denon ah-d1100 which cost approximately 50$ more, and the clouds sound better and way more comfortable.

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #18 of 25
To my impressions, they are the same as the Sennheiser HD201, just with better frequency response and as well better sound quality (the 201 really cheap built and lacks of bass).

You say that they sound better and have better build quality - what more did you expect from them?? Expecting to have some sort of mind-altering revelation from an $85 gaming headset simply isn't reasonable. Heck, it's not reasonable to expect that from a $1000 headphone - regardless what the more enthusiastic head-fi writers say.

Mar 28, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #19 of 25
In my opinion regardless if their a gaming headset which is quite a bonus in its own right, from experience they are among the best headphones one can buy under 100$, they could easily sell for 250$ and I would still buy them, I've compared their sound signature to headphones that costs 5x such as the denon ahd5000 and the hd650, and cloud is a middle road between them with of course a bit shallower bass than the d5000 and a lesser clarity than the hd650, with a good dac and amp they sound really good for the price. And their so freaking comfy!

Mar 29, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #20 of 25
Don't get me wrong - these are great headphones, very enjoyable and comfortable.
Maybe you are right, I really did expect too much lol 
wink_face.gif

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #21 of 25
Try my daughter's Cloud headphones after 6 months of her using them everyday for hours at a time.

Using a PC via HDMI>Foobar 2000>Yamaha RX-V665 headphone jack

FLAC albums and files at 1000kbps+
Foobar with no componants loaded

IMHO, the headphones are a but hollow. Mids are a tad low and muffled. Highs are peaky at 8khz where in certain songs it is a bit unnerving. Comfort is very good BUT I can still hear tire noise and traffic outside thru closed windows. Bass is good but not nearly bassy enuff for me.

My Panasonic HTF600 sound better in bass and vocals.

These are good headphones for the money for gaming BUT I feel the Pannys are better in sound quality.

Would love to find a replacement for my HD558 Sennys that have more bass.

I love the sound signature of the HD558 but they need a bit more bass.

Jun 22, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #22 of 25
I have both Takstar Pro 80 and HyperX Cloud at my disposal. They are both built by Takstar and I presume they use the same drivers (it just makes sense from a mass production perspective :) but have different sound signatures. The Cloud's sound signature is slightly more bassy with recessed mids and highs compared to the Pros. The pads on the Clouds are different than the Pros, and I believe that had the effect on the sound. The Pro 80 has a more balanced or neutral presentation.

Also don't forget that the Cloud has a detachable mic built into it, so the inner acoustic construction is not exactly the same, so it will affect the sound somewhat. Though I think the pads make most of the difference. 

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #23 of 25
  Why would you buy them for music?
I had them for a month, quite comfortable but nothing special overall. 

i think the takstar pro 80s are one of the best headphones of all time! i have HD650 from sennheiser which sound awesome, but the clamp force is so mean i cant use them for long at all - this last week i have pretty much been using my takstar pro 80s (hyperx cloud, same thing)  while trying to stretch out the hd650s... 

takstar pro80+o2odac is working out great imo - i hear they say the hm5 pads take the takstar pro80 to a much better level, thinking i will get the velour/memory foam hm5 headphones. doesn't matter how "good" a set of cans technically are, if they aren't comfortable you will not enjoy them!! 

Apr 15, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #24 of 25
Or get the Gemini hsr 1000 basically another rebranded takstar

Jan 26, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #25 of 25
I have Qpad qh-85, basically open version of pro 80 and cloud ( rebranded takstar hi 2050 )
They are fine for yt, movies and games, but as soon as i play music i pause it and plug my dt48, just... With dt48 i have a good reference on what those recordings should really sound like and those qpads are just bs. The bass is everywhere, mids are tiny and hissy, highs are even more hissy, all around TERRIBLE. (for ex. old school guitar distortion sounds like vst sample, bad one) and that is not only guitar, i wouldnt call that sound signature, id call it hype noise... I understand one person cannot judge from experience he doesnt have, if you never heard something like high end stax or k1000, hd800... thats why im telling you how they REALLY sound. Even my akg k512 mkII blow them away when it comes to music. I guess headphones under 300€ these days are big NO, everything ive heard is just "fake" sound, detail more or less, but never there, separation, yes, but everything melts togeather, its impossible to hear the true music production :grimacing:
tldr: they suck, id go for used vintage stuff, after researching forums, or there are few perls, like hd560

ps. i got mine qpad used, for 15€, id much rather spend that 100€ on dac than new qpad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back