HyperX Cloud vs Takstar Pro 80 - Are they really the same headphones?
Mar 21, 2015 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Aviv

Head-Fier
Hey, 
I am willing to buy new headphones tomorrow, and after long searches and help from this community, I chose the Takstar Pro 80 headphones.
However, since the Takstar Pro 80 are pretty expensive in my country, I have been told that the HyperX Cloud headphones are the same as the Takstar.
So my question, is that really true? Are they the exact same phones except the mic? Is their sound quality identical? If I will buy the HyperX Cloud for music (not gaming), I will not be disappointed right? Are they just similiar headphones or same ones?

Sorry if asked that already, but I really don't want to spend that much money and get disappointed at the end..

Thanks!

Mar 21, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #2 of 25
Why would you buy them for music?
I had them for a month, quite comfortable but nothing special overall. 

Mar 21, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #3 of 25
  Why would you buy them for music?
I had them for a month, quite comfortable but nothing special overall. 

I have got many recommendations on the Takstar Pro 80 for music, but since they are very expensive in my country, and some said the HyperX Cloud (which is cheaper here) is rebranded Takstar Pro 80 with a mic, I am asking if it's true, because if so, I will buy the HyperX Cloud. Just want to make sure it's really the same headphones, and has the same sound quality.

Mar 21, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #4 of 25
Yes they are the same product.

Mar 21, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #5 of 25
  Yes they are the same product.

Based on what? What actually made me opening that thread was reading reviews about these HyperX - some said mids are missing, highs are missing, some said they're only 'decent' headphones for music, which is very different from what I heard about the Takstars (Which many said they are nearly HI-FI headphones)... :/

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #6 of 25
It's written in every review of trustworthy websites, like Vortez and LegitReviews.
They are actually great for 50£ considering all the extras you get (the box feels more premium than the one my HD700s came with...).
I'm not familiar with the Sennheiser 429, Creative Aurvana Live! and the other offerings in that price range, but I'm always inclined to think that a gaming headset won't sound as good as a dedicated headphone for the same price.

The HyperX is nowhere Hi-Fi anyway (even if the term doesn't mean much). If the Beyerdinamic DT 770 don't cost much more I would go for those (have no idea where do you live).

P.S. I would've been happy to keep them, but I couldn't live with the cable, too long and with two jacks at the end.

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #7 of 25
  It's written in every review of trustworthy websites, like Vortez and LegitReviews.
They are actually great for 50£ considering all the extras you get (the box feels more premium than the one my HD700s came with...).
I'm not familiar with the Sennheiser 429, Creative Aurvana Live! and the other offerings in that price range, but I'm always inclined to think that a gaming headset won't sound as good as a dedicated headphone for the same price.

The HyperX is nowhere Hi-Fi anyway (even if the term doesn't mean much). If the Beyerdinamic DT 770 don't cost much more I would go for those (have no idea where do you live).

The DT 770 cost more than $220 here..
I have a question for you - would you recommand the Takstar Pro 80 for $115 headphones (in my country) for EDM music, little pop, and little producing as well?
If so, that's saying that you recommand the HyperX Cloud for these porpuses too, because they are the same headphones, right?

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #8 of 25
I had the HyperX, not the Takstar. How much would you pay for them? Here at just 50£ they are quite nice. What about the price of the Audio Technica M40X and M-Audio Studiophile Q40?

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #9 of 25
Both of them costs more than $200 here..
You said "I had the HyperX, not the Takstar", which confuses me even more - becuase you just said they are exactly the same headphones and has the same quality, no?

Btw, i'm really sorry if im asking too much because that's much money to me, and I think a lot before spending that much...

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #10 of 25
  Both of them costs more than $200 here..
You said "I had the HyperX, not the Takstar", which confuses me even more - becuase you just said they are exactly the same headphones and has the same quality, no?

Yes, I was a bit confused by the question. It seems almost unavoidable at this point.
What I was trying to say is that I never had other headphones in that price range (the closest one was the Aurvana Live 2!), so if you're sold on the headphone based on the reviews, go for it. But I can't confirm if the HD429 for example would provide better sound quality. 

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #11 of 25
  Yes, I was a bit confused by the question. It seems almost unavoidable at this point.
What I was trying to say is that I never had other headphones in that price range (the closest one was the Aurvana Live 2!), so if you're sold on the headphone based on the reviews, go for it. But I can't confirm if the HD429 for example would provide better sound quality. 

Oh ok I got it now.
Yeah I will go for the Takstar Pro 80 based on reviews. Since I heard the HyperX Cloud is the same headphones and costs $35 less here, I want to make sure that it's true and it's really the same headphones - so I will not get disappointed if i'll buy these instead of the Takstar. Still didn't get clear answer for that though... 
When they say "HyperX Cloud is based on Qpad which is rebranded Takstar Pro 80", do they actually mean that the HyperX cloud is the same headphone as the Takstar Pro 80, or just similiar?

Mar 21, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #12 of 25
The same, it's just re-branded. Kingston would never take the time to change it. 

Mar 21, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #14 of 25
It happens with most of the products from the big companies: monitors, TVs, power suppliers...
The oem does 99% of the job, then someone puts their branding and an higher price tag and sells it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back