HUM Pervasion is coming - New DAP in Town
Jan 15, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #136 of 152
Can we install viper 4 android on the pervasion?

Don't know sorry. I can tell you Hum Pervasion wasn't designed with a snappy Android experience in mind. It sounds excellent as described, but runs quite slow, laggy under any true smartphone task. If you have streaming in mind you best read the thread from the beginning to get an idea.

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #137 of 152
Don't know sorry. I can tell you Hum Pervasion wasn't designed with a snappy Android experience in mind. It sounds excellent as described, but runs quite slow, laggy under any true smartphone task. If you have streaming in mind you best read the thread from the beginning to get an idea.

Hi. Thank you for the reply. Viper4android is just a sound enhancement app for android smartphones..i wonder if it will work on the pervasion as well as it brings more life and detail to the music.

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #138 of 152
Hi. Thank you for the reply. Viper4android is just a sound enhancement app for android smartphones..i wonder if it will work on the pervasion as well as it brings more life and detail to the music.

Hum will install apps from the Playstore . Maybe T.R.A.N.C.E. can try for you. You can install pretty much any music player app you want to customise your experience, handy for that.

Feb 8, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #145 of 152
  checked, hum is not rooted, tried installing viper and did not work.

You have to use KingRoot 4.1 to get Root.

P.S. after getting Root you can install Pocket Skip Track app to skip tracks with volume keys long press.

P.S.S. this is my HUM UI at the moment - Calyx M UI adapted by me for HUM   :) 

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #147 of 152
Got a used Hum P. a couple months ago and installed Poweramp Alpha. Mostly used the line out with a portable amp and everything was sounding great.

Originally thought the headphone out was noisy until I figured out how to properly adjust both volume controls. Now I'm using the HP with my Senn M2 direct to the headphone out and either I'm going crazier or the headphone amp in this thing is incredible!

I already liked the Wolfson chip implementation but none of my other daps have this level of clarity and soundstage via the headphone out (including my iBasso R10 and AK Jr). I put the external amp away since the HP actually outperforms it (confirmed with a/b comparison using 3.5mm splitter and Fiio HS2 selector).

This guy is a real sleeper!

Jan 3, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #150 of 152
Just got HUM Pervasion.

I have other DAPs but none of my DAPs can install Spotify hence got this one at discounted price. I like the sound quality out of HO from this DAP A LOT.  I maxed out digital volume (255/255) and control volume via scroll analogue volume. Not sure if this is ideal set up. I can hear hiss when there is a silence but minor so it is okay (would been great if there is no hiss).

If anyone can provide feedback on how to control the volume between digital and analog to minimise the hiss, it would be greatly appreciated. :) 
biggrin.gif

And, has anyone put screen protector and case on HUM? I tried to look for screen protector and case for this and could not find any... 
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back