Huh, right cable for GR07 longer than left?
Apr 26, 2011 at 6:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DaBomb77766

Headphoneus Supremus
I just noticed that the right-hand cable on my new GR07s are a few millimetres longer than the left cable.  And that the right ear guide is made out of a different material than the left one (softer, more rubbery as opposed to harder, more plasticky.)  Anyone else notice this with theirs?  Not that it's a big issue either way, just rather odd.

Also, mine came with a second pair of ear guides (a little extra accessory pack the sellers threw in for free) and both of them are the softer, more rubbery material.  Somewhat interesting.

Apr 26, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #2 of 3
It is normal for the cable to be slightly asymmetrical. They are hand made after all.

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #3 of 3
Ah, right. Makes sense in that case.  Still, if I were the one making it, I'd rather die than to have something asymmetrical like that, though I'm a bit of an insane perfectionist. :p  (...which is why this volume imbalance I'm currently experiencing with my ears is driving me mad.)

Also, this doesn't really explain the different materials being used in one of the ear guides...that was very weird indeed.  It definitely is a different material, since only one of the four I have feels like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back