Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 3, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #18,241 of 18,905
Its the one in my signature

I had a look at your page and……………..Not gunna happen, I have all the gear solder workstation, silver solder, snips etc but some of the little bits I don’t have, like spare resistors, single pole switch, etc.

But the nerves that control my arms and hands work, but not for delicate stuff like you are doing in that thread. Oh, don’t get me wrong, I could easily rip it apart, but putting it back together would be the problem.

Looks cool though.

Dec 3, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #18,242 of 18,905
I sense a Christmas project beginning to take shape. :thinking:

It’s too delicate for me to do nowadays, both my hands suffer from tremors and at times my arms twitch / jerk, it’s like Tourette's but without the swearing. 😀

Dec 3, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #18,243 of 18,905
It’s too delicate for me to do nowadays, both my hands suffer from tremors and at times my arms twitch / jerk, it’s like Tourette's but without the swearing. 😀
You could find a place to let it be done perhaps ..some electronics store or person

Dec 3, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #18,244 of 18,905
You could find a place to let it be done perhaps ..some electronics store or person

That’s a thought, I didn’t think about doing that, I shall see, but if it involves cutting bits out of my mscaler or tt2 I can’t do that but I will have a proper look at your thread and see what it all entails.

Dec 3, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #18,245 of 18,905
That’s a thought, I didn’t think about doing that, I shall see, but if it involves cutting bits out of my mscaler or tt2 I can’t do that but I will have a proper look at your thread and see what it all entails.
I have made a boxed version to go on stock Mscaler and TT2 too. Its also posted there

Dec 3, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #18,246 of 18,905
I have made a boxed version to go on stock Mscaler and TT2 too. Its also posted there

Cool, a boxed version in my opinion would be the way I would go as I’m not rich and I dont want to mess my gear up.

Cheers

Dec 5, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #18,248 of 18,905
Thinking of trying the D10 ddc and apart from using it with my imac would it work if i connected an ipod touch usb out into it via a camera adaptor? The ipod is a roon endpoint powered by a portable battery. So would the usb powered D10 effectively be powered from the powerbank connected to the ipod or is it taking power from the ipod usb out or are both basically the same thing? Similar to this. I'm going topping d10 to mscaler optical in to dual bnc to tt2.

1701854914309.png

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #18,250 of 18,905
I am new to head fi forums so hope I am posting in the right place. I have a chord Hugo tt2 and ALL l the headphone outputs have suddenly become muffled and distant and virtually inaudible. I am connecting to the TT2 via Sony Nwx 507 via USB. I've switched out the USB cable but it made no difference. I got no help at all from Chord support so I am wondering if anyone here has had a similar issue and has found a solution? Thanks.

Dec 6, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #18,251 of 18,905
I am new to head fi forums so hope I am posting in the right place. I have a chord Hugo tt2 and ALL l the headphone outputs have suddenly become muffled and distant and virtually inaudible. I am connecting to the TT2 via Sony Nwx 507 via USB. I've switched out the USB cable but it made no difference. I got no help at all from Chord support so I am wondering if anyone here has had a similar issue and has found a solution? Thanks.
Check back outputs. Mine unit had the same problem, all of the outputs (front and back) stopped working.
Unit seemed to be operating just fine but there was no sound coming out.
Most likely it needs to be send for a warranty repair.

Dec 6, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #18,252 of 18,905
Thanks for this. I'll take a look at the back outputs. In my case, I can hear some music coming through my headphones but it's very distant and weird. I asked the official chord support for a recommended technician for a repair but they didn't bother to reply. I also have an M scaler plumbed into to the TT2 and when I switch to that output, the problem is the same.

Dec 6, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #18,253 of 18,905
Thanks for this. I'll take a look at the back outputs. In my case, I can hear some music coming through my headphones but it's very distant and weird. I asked the official chord support for a recommended technician for a repair but they didn't bother to reply. I also have an M scaler plumbed into to the TT2 and when I switch to that output, the problem is the same.
I was going to suggest you bluetooth the Sony or other device to TT2 and see if that is the same. If you have that issue with M Scaler (I assume via BNC), it looks like it's a return to the factory for the TT2

Dec 6, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #18,254 of 18,905
Just quick question what will be db setting for 700mV RCA output from TT2?
Update: I think it will be -15 L.

why would you need that specific number?

Thinking of trying the D10 ddc and apart from using it with my imac would it work if i connected an ipod touch usb out into it via a camera adaptor? The ipod is a roon endpoint powered by a portable battery. So would the usb powered D10 effectively be powered from the powerbank connected to the ipod or is it taking power from the ipod usb out or are both basically the same thing? Similar to this. I'm going topping d10 to mscaler optical in to dual bnc to tt2.

1701854914309.png

I think you make things more complicated than it should. Mscaller already act like "DDC" to feed the signal into TT2 through Dual BNC. No more need another DDC to feed Mscaller.

As far as I know, the Topping would be powered by ipod internal battery in this case.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #18,255 of 18,905
I was going to suggest you bluetooth the Sony or other device to TT2 and see if that is the same. If you have that issue with M Scaler (I assume via BNC), it looks like it's a return to the factory for the TT2
Thanks again. I'll try the bluetooth experiment. I've never connected bluetooth before so it's worth a try. Failing that, it will need some official repairs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back