Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Sep 1, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #17,986 of 18,905
Received email from Chord today saying that because of improvements in the supply chain, with many components returning to pre-Covid prices, they are able to reduce prices on the following products:

Mojo 2……….Reduced by £100
Poly…………Reduced by £100
Qutest………Reduced by £200
Hugo TT2………Reduced by £1000
Hugo M Scaler……Reduced by £700
Thanks, I bought my TT2 on Wednesday and was probably the first to get one at the reduced price. :)

Sep 1, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #17,989 of 18,905
TT2 wasn't exactly flying off the shelves.
So.. what will they make place for..
Screenshot_20230728-181245_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sep 1, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #17,991 of 18,905
Received email from Chord today saying that because of improvements in the supply chain, with many components returning to pre-Covid prices, they are able to reduce prices on the following products:

Mojo 2……….Reduced by £100
Poly…………Reduced by £100
Qutest………Reduced by £200
Hugo TT2………Reduced by £1000
Hugo M Scaler……Reduced by £700
I think it means TT2 back to the normal price before pandemic, correct?

Sep 1, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #17,996 of 18,905
Funny how their message says that the costs have decreased and so they are offering price reductions. Not a word about last year's price increases. It makes it sound like there was an original product price, and now they lowered it because they care about customers.

I mean, their company, their product, their prices. No disagreement. But why be disingenuous. I suppose for the Mojo 2 it's 100% true.

"It's not often you receive communication from a manufacturer celebrating significant price reductions. However, after two years of component shortages and sharp cost increases, we are now purchasing components much more affordably than we were until recently.

Some IC chips, along with other components, have returned to their pre-COVID pricing and at Chord Electronics, we believe that those who contribute to building our business should be rewarded when circumstances change – and why shouldn't they?

We can now offer significant price reductions on the following models:"

Anyway, I bought my TT2 before those price increases, so it's not about that. Nor is it a big deal. Just worth mentioning, I think.
I think you are being very harsh and unfair by describing todays announcement as disingenuous.

Anyone who works in design/engineering/manufacturing knows that the last 3 years have been very difficult, with covid disruptions to supply chains causing great problems with component supply/cost, followed by the disruption to energy prices caused by the Ukraine conflict.
Now that the design/engineering/manufacturing environment is returning to a more pre-covid scenario, and most of the disruptions are out the way, it is good that Chord are able to try and return the pricing to pre-covid levels.
I am not stupid, and of course Marketing/Public Relations will try and put a positive spin on things, but if you use the term disingenuous, you are implying malicious intent.

Sep 1, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #17,997 of 18,905
I think you are being very harsh and unfair by describing todays announcement as disingenuous.

Anyone who works in design/engineering/manufacturing knows that the last 3 years have been very difficult, with covid disruptions to supply chains causing great problems with component supply/cost, followed by the disruption to energy prices caused by the Ukraine conflict.
Now that the design/engineering/manufacturing environment is returning to a more pre-covid scenario, and most of the disruptions are out the way, it is good that Chord are able to try and return the pricing to pre-covid levels.
I am not stupid, and of course Marketing/Public Relations will try and put a positive spin on things, but if you use the term disingenuous, you are implying malicious intent.

Disingenuous simply means not sincere, in my mind. But I can see that what you say is fair. It can mean other things to other people.

And there are a lot of thoughts about the pandemic, price increases - justified and not, taking advantage of situations just because one can, etc. But yes, what you say is fair, I don't know the situation fully.

Here in the EU we are dealing with many dishonest practices from businesses on the coattails of the pandemic. Shrinkflation has become ubiquitous and it's just one of many. I hold my own thoughts as to what has been happening with prices in our hobby in some quarters, but they might be too subjective and too uninformed.

Sep 1, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #17,998 of 18,905
Thanks, I bought my TT2 on Wednesday and was probably the first to get one at the reduced price. :)
Nice reductions. Where did you buy yours?

Sep 3, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #17,999 of 18,905
does this mean a TT3 is coming?

Sep 3, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #18,000 of 18,905
so general consensus, optimal connection for HQPlayer into TT2 are

usb >SRC DX (with or without dc-block + lpfilter?)
what BNC cables? saw some people mention the stock from audiowise is good enough

thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back