Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 23, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #17,942 of 18,990
Jul 24, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #17,944 of 18,990
There are some people who claim that USB has a lot of RF/EMI problems and it is better to use an optical connection from the macbook with a converter since the current macbook pros don't have an optical output anymore.
How do you find the sound quality of the radon 6 with the TT2 compared to an Astell Kern SP3000 or similar TOTL DAPs?

TT2 with Macbook and USB connection easily beat any DAPs available in market now in term of resolution, imaging accuracy, and transparency (SP3000, DX320 Max, Hiby RS8, LP P6 Pro)

Jul 28, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #17,945 of 18,990
For those interested in a little bit of a look at Chord's backstory, DMS, Andrew, Taron and I visited Chord in Maidstone shortly before heading to Munich this year and a video is up with some interviews and a bit of a look inside their factory.
Their location has easily got to be the most characterful production location I've visited. Thanks to Chord for inviting us!

Jul 28, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #17,946 of 18,990
Has anyone here paired the TT2 with the Focal Utopia without the mscaler? I am thinking about upgrading from my Hugo 2 and was wondering wether there is enough of a sonical difference to justify the extra 3000 Euros.

Or do I need to save up and go directly for the TT2 and mscaler combo?

Jul 29, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #17,948 of 18,990
Has anyone here paired the TT2 with the Focal Utopia without the mscaler? I am thinking about upgrading from my Hugo 2 and was wondering wether there is enough of a sonical difference to justify the extra 3000 Euros.

I both Utopia versions and also TT2 with M-Scaler. Neither are my favorite combination with the TT2 or adding the M-Scaler as a headphone amp. They both cause me fatigue after 20-30 min. If you like them with the TT2 already, doubt adding an M-Scaler would suddenly make it not enjoyable, those are my thoughts. Since the TT2 is quite powerful I tend to enjoy it with planar headphones needing that extra bit of juice and current.

I am sure there are others out there who love the combo with their Utopia, so hopefully you get more responses to get a sense of where folks stand.

Jul 29, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #17,949 of 18,990

Isnt it an Utopia that the guy at Chord there on the left is using? 😜

Screenshot_20230728-181327_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jul 29, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #17,950 of 18,990
For those interested in a little bit of a look at Chord's backstory, DMS, Andrew, Taron and I visited Chord in Maidstone shortly before heading to Munich this year and a video is up with some interviews and a bit of a look inside their factory.
Their location has easily got to be the most characterful production location I've visited. Thanks to Chord for inviting us!

What a sound bloke John Franks comes across as. Would love to work in an environment like that. Alas, just a bricky and dont think I be bright enough to get through the door!!.

Jul 29, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #17,951 of 18,990
I both Utopia versions and also TT2 with M-Scaler. Neither are my favorite combination with the TT2 or adding the M-Scaler as a headphone amp. They both cause me fatigue after 20-30 min. If you like them with the TT2 already, doubt adding an M-Scaler would suddenly make it not enjoyable, those are my thoughts. Since the TT2 is quite powerful I tend to enjoy it with planar headphones needing that extra bit of juice and current.

I am sure there are others out there who love the combo with their Utopia, so hopefully you get more responses to get a sense of where folks stand.
Perhaps going the tube route might be better then, using the Hugo 2 or something like the qtest as a dac

Jul 29, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #17,953 of 18,990
Perhaps going the tube route might be better then, using the Hugo 2 or something like the qtest as a dac
Tube route is one option, and personally my favorite for both variants of the Utopia. Although not all tube amps would be a good match, some could be a bit noisy given the sensitivity of the Utopia. For example any of the DNA amps are a great match with the Utopia.

Jul 29, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #17,954 of 18,990
Tube route is one option, and personally my favorite for both variants of the Utopia. Although not all tube amps would be a good match, some could be a bit noisy given the sensitivity of the Utopia. For example any of the DNA amps are a great match with the Utopia.
Unfortunately the DNA aren't readily available in Germany, do you have any other pairings you can recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back