Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 17, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #17,926 of 19,009
Another example of the ear heard past what the eye sees.

Its tempting to have a nice looking amp between your DAC and headphones.. but simplicity is key to transparency.. the shorter the audio path.. the less loss of signal.

Enjoy!
Ps dont forget to sleep every now and then😉

It’s funny because I think the TT2 is way better looking. The ferrum stack is very well-built and solid, but sometimes I feel like it looks like a rusted old engine block 😅

Jul 21, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #17,929 of 19,009
Hey guys, I am considering to get a DAC for my 2ch system and occasionally on IEM/ Headphones. My speakers are B&W 702 Signature powered by Michi X5

Would you recommend Dave or Hugo TT2 + Mscaler? Considering the budget I have I can only choose either one.

Jul 21, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #17,930 of 19,009
Hey guys, I am considering to get a DAC for my 2ch system and occasionally on IEM/ Headphones. My speakers are B&W 702 Signature powered by Michi X5

Would you recommend Dave or Hugo TT2 + Mscaler? Considering the budget I have I can only choose either one.
I would go TT-2 + M Scaler, to me that's better than the DAVE by itself, even Rob Watts said he would choose the TT-2 plus M Scaler vs a Stand alone DAVE due to musicality of the combo.

Jul 21, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #17,932 of 19,009
I would go TT-2 + M Scaler, to me that's better than the DAVE by itself, even Rob Watts said he would choose the TT-2 plus M Scaler vs a Stand alone DAVE due to musicality of the combo.
Thank you brother, seems the outlook also fits. Let me check it out

Jul 22, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #17,933 of 19,009
I would like to know who here uses TOTL IEMs like the Multiverse Mentor, Aroma Jewel and Trailli with the TT2 and how good you find the synergy. What would be the ideal connection between a Macbook Pro 2021 and the TT2? Do you have problems with EMI/RF noise? Thanks guys...
I don't have my TT2 now. Still being repaired. However I have heard both the Mentor and the Traillii through the TT2 and I liked both pairings in terns of synergy. I don't have a Macbook but I connect my TT2 to Roon on my Windows PC. No issues with EMI/RF noise.

Jul 22, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #17,934 of 19,009
Would you recommend Dave or Hugo TT2 + Mscaler?
I skipped the TT2 and went straight for a 2nd hand Dave as i knew it would keep itching to make that step.. and you probably dont have to sell it to upgrade further unless youre going for the Ultima DAC.

I dont find the Mscaler improving all records.. only the (mike'ed) ones clean of excessive post mixing/dolby dsp.

Jul 22, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #17,935 of 19,009
I would like to know who here uses TOTL IEMs like the Multiverse Mentor, Aroma Jewel and Trailli with the TT2 and how good you find the synergy. What would be the ideal connection between a Macbook Pro 2021 and the TT2? Do you have problems with EMI/RF noise? Thanks guys...

I use radon 6 sometimes, but 98% of the time use headphone. USB is totally fine and simple, just plug and play, no noise problem at all.

Currently I like more from Coax BNC though, as deliver wider soundstage and more natural character. Need a DDC to do this digital converting, for example: Singxer SU-6.

Jul 23, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #17,936 of 19,009
I use radon 6 sometimes, but 98% of the time use headphone. USB is totally fine and simple, just plug and play, no noise problem at all.

Currently I like more from Coax BNC though, as deliver wider soundstage and more natural character. Need a DDC to do this digital converting, for example: Singxer SU-6.
There are some people who claim that USB has a lot of RF/EMI problems and it is better to use an optical connection from the macbook with a converter since the current macbook pros don't have an optical output anymore.
How do you find the sound quality of the radon 6 with the TT2 compared to an Astell Kern SP3000 or similar TOTL DAPs?

Jul 23, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #17,937 of 19,009
How do you find the sound quality of the radon 6 with the TT2 compared to an Astell Kern SP3000 or similar TOTL DAPs?
As I have both SP3000 and TT2/Mscaler and TT1, I spent some time comparing with my iem’s. While the sp3000 is great sounding the TT2/Mscaler is superior imho. Surprising, the TT1 actually scales better with different iems. The TT1 is an overlooked jewel and reasonable on the used market.

Jul 23, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #17,938 of 19,009
As I have both SP3000 and TT2/Mscaler and TT1, I spent some time comparing with my iem’s. While the sp3000 is great sounding the TT2/Mscaler is superior imho. Surprising, the TT1 actually scales better with different iems. The TT1 is an overlooked jewel and reasonable on the used market.
Thanks man, no issues with RF/EMI noise while connected to the source by USB? How would you say TT2 standalone compares to sp3k with IEMs?

Jul 23, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #17,939 of 19,009
Thanks man, no issues with RF/EMI noise while connected to the source by USB? How would you say TT2 standalone compares to sp3k with IEMs?
My source (Antipodes server/player) has very clean usb so no rf/emi issues. The tt2 usb is galvanically isolated. TT2 standalone is superior for my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back