Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Aug 2, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #16,457 of 18,905
As far as I know Amazon app doesn't support bit Perfect streaming. You have to use some app that supports it.
Everything is resampled to your windows default sampling rate - so far from being optimal.
Hmmm...then what would be the point of them having such high bitrate music? Is there a better service that I could use that would deliver the full quality that I'm paying for?

Aug 2, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #16,458 of 18,905
Hmmm...then what would be the point of them having such high bitrate music? Is there a better service that I could use that would deliver the full quality that I'm paying for?
I'm not aware of any software that can use Amazon music services yet.
Unfortunately for now it's not the best option for us audiophiles.

You can always try qobuz or tidal. Their aps are able to use Chords ASIO drivers - the best way to deliver bit Perfect data to your dac from PC.

You can also try some others softwares like roon, Logitech media server (squeezelite)
Or others. These softwares have integrations with qobuz/tidal and also manage your local libraries of music (nas or local pc)

Aug 2, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #16,459 of 18,905
Amazon Music HD streaming
I hope you are in windows, correct?
If yes:
- start the Amazon music app
- Click on your account button (top right, man icon)
- choose settings
- enable exclusive mode. close the window.
- play something, while playing click on the small speaker icon at bottom right
- a window opens up showing up your sound devices. choose your sound device and switch on exclusive mode.
That should do it.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #16,460 of 18,905
I hope you are in windows, correct?
If yes:
- start the Amazon music app
- Click on your account button (top right, man icon)
- choose settings
- enable exclusive mode. close the window.
- play something, while playing click on the small speaker icon at bottom right
- a window opens up showing up your sound devices. choose your sound device and switch on exclusive mode.
That should do it.
They have exclusive mode now? I tried it when it first came out and it forced resampling to the windows mixer. That made it really pointless to get their HD service. Glad they have updated this. Now, if only Roon would add support to streaming from Amazon HD, I would try it again in a heartbeat.

Aug 2, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #16,461 of 18,905
I'm not aware of any software that can use Amazon music services yet.
Unfortunately for now it's not the best option for us audiophiles.

You can always try qobuz or tidal. Their aps are able to use Chords ASIO drivers - the best way to deliver bit Perfect data to your dac from PC.

You can also try some others softwares like roon, Logitech media server (squeezelite)
Or others. These softwares have integrations with qobuz/tidal and also manage your local libraries of music (nas or local pc)
Not sure if people are interested, Auralic products support Amazon HD, I am using Auralic Aries G1.

Aug 2, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #16,462 of 18,905
They have exclusive mode now? I tried it when it first came out and it forced resampling to the windows mixer. That made it really pointless to get their HD service. Glad they have updated this. Now, if only Roon would add support to streaming from Amazon HD, I would try it again in a heartbeat.
1659480354372.png

Aug 4, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #16,464 of 18,905
Or you can try balanced outputs from TT2 to Susvara. (Using adapter) it should be a marvelous duo :)
Did Chord design those outputs to be used with headphone...or is this just the same thing like using an "speaker amp"?

Please can anyone help with this?

Aug 4, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #16,465 of 18,905
Did Chord design those outputs to be used with headphone...or is this just the same thing like using an "speaker amp"?

No Chord didn't design those XLR outputs to be used with headphones.

I also did not like the sound as much as from the front RCA, but some others seems to like it.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #16,466 of 18,905
No Chord didn't design those XLR outputs to be used with headphones.
Thanks for fast answer :)

I think Im going with the iFi iCAN Signature for now. It is the best and cheapest amp for Susvara. I have not managed to find review or better recommendations

Aug 4, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #16,467 of 18,905

Back XLR outputs can be used with headphones. It's apparently less transparent than rca out as it involves more components.
But it also provides extra power. Up to 18W into 8ohm loads.

So with very very hungry headphones you can definitely try XLR outs.

Aug 4, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #16,468 of 18,905
Back XLR outputs can be used with headphones. It's apparently less transparent than rca out as it involves more components.
But it also provides extra power. Up to 18W into 8ohm loads.

So with very very hungry headphones you can definitely try XLR outs.
I've used the XLRs on occasion w/ my Hedds. Haven't heard the 'less transparent' bit myself. But I usually have the XLR outs connected to my DSHA 3F. It's great the way output switches automatically to/from headphone out when you plug & unplug on the front jacks.

Aug 4, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #16,469 of 18,905
I've used the XLRs on occasion w/ my Hedds. Haven't heard the 'less transparent' bit myself. But I usually have the XLR outs connected to my DSHA 3F. It's great the way output switches automatically to/from headphone out when you plug & unplug on the front jacks.
Noise floor appears quieter to me from the front SE outputs via the DCA Stealth and volume dial isn't set that much louder from the SE to match the XLR outs like I thought it would be after some back and forth and using an SPL meter even though power is supposed to be significant out of the rears.

Aug 4, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #16,470 of 18,905
When I owned TT2 I've never tried XLR outs with headphones, but I've tried RCA (se) vs XLR (balanced) with my speakers.
And I preferred RCA sound was more direct, clearer not as diffused, more focused. But as always YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back