Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Mar 13, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #15,961 of 19,014
Hi Everyone - I just sold my TT and have a TT2 arriving tomorrow.

Are there any specific sub-topics that I should search for to gain unique insights on in this thread, as someone who is new to the TT2?

Thanks, in advance.

Mar 13, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #15,962 of 19,014
Hi Everyone - I just sold my TT and have a TT2 arriving tomorrow.

Are there any specific sub-topics that I should search for to gain unique insights on in this thread, as someone who is new to the TT2?

Thanks, in advance.

If you use TT2 headphone out as daily basis, set the menu to "AMP". So when you plug headphones/IEM, TT2 will immediately recognise it. If you in "DAC" mode, TT2 will need around 16 seconds to recognise the device you plug in (because of auto switching mode from "DAC" to "AMP").

Just a little practical tips. I didn't know this fact at my first month of use TT2.

Mar 13, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #15,963 of 19,014
I turn mine off after use. I have OCD where I don't like to keep using electricity when it's not needed: Lights, AC, PC, etc.

Ditto 👍🏻

Mar 14, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #15,964 of 19,014
If you use TT2 headphone out as daily basis, set the menu to "AMP". So when you plug headphones/IEM, TT2 will immediately recognise it. If you in "DAC" mode, TT2 will need around 16 seconds to recognise the device you plug in (because of auto switching mode from "DAC" to "AMP").

Just a little practical tips. I didn't know this fact at my first month of use TT2.
Thanks for that tip! I will definitely pay attention to that.

Mar 14, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #15,965 of 19,014
Another question to the group. I have a Mojo Gen 1, and the colorful balls absorbed my skin oil on first use. I have heard others complain about the same thing, so it's not that I have particularly oily fingers. 😆

And, on the TT2 the volume control appears to be the same ball material. So, I wanted to ask the group if Chord has changed the material, and it no longer gets smudged with touch, or is everyone also seeing their fingerprints on the volume ball?

Mar 14, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #15,966 of 19,014
Another question to the group. I have a Mojo Gen 1, and the colorful balls absorbed my skin oil on first use. I have heard others complain about the same thing, so it's not that I have particularly oily fingers. 😆

And, on the TT2 the volume control appears to be the same ball material. So, I wanted to ask the group if Chord has changed the material, and it no longer gets smudged with touch, or is everyone also seeing their fingerprints on the volume ball?
It does pick up oils from skin, but you can wipe it off pretty easily with a dry microfiber cloth and roll the volume ball under it. Good as new.

Mar 14, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #15,967 of 19,014
It does pick up oils from skin, but you can wipe it off pretty easily with a dry microfiber cloth and roll the volume ball under it. Good as new.
Or just use the remote!

Mar 14, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #15,968 of 19,014
Thanks! Good to know that it is easy to clean. 🙏

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #15,970 of 19,014
I'm starting to have an issue with my TT2 when I turn it on or plug in headphones. One or both of the channels is bit a quieter than they should be. The only way I can fix it is to plug and unplug my headphone repeatedly until the channels are balanced again. I'm having to do this more and more lately.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #15,971 of 19,014
I'm starting to have an issue with my TT2 when I turn it on or plug in headphones. One or both of the channels is bit quieter than they should be. The only way I can fix it is to plug and unplug my headphone repeatedly until the channels are balanced again. I'm having to do this more and more lately.
I don’t have this issue but the amp is going on my right channel. Started with Preamp blowing static on right channel yesterday and tonight it carried over to the right channel using headphones too. Unplugging and replacing headphones fixed it a few times briefly but now it’s constant. DAC mode to a separate Preamp is fine.

Mar 16, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #15,972 of 19,014
With issues like the above, how have people found warranty repairs or replacements from Chord?

Straightforward, or do you get stuck in a dealer network nightmare?

Mar 16, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #15,973 of 19,014
I'm starting to have an issue with my TT2 when I turn it on or plug in headphones. One or both of the channels is bit a quieter than they should be. The only way I can fix it is to plug and unplug my headphone repeatedly until the channels are balanced again. I'm having to do this more and more lately.

See my extensive posts above (last year) about it. I worked directly with Chord UK on it. They said it was not possible, that the system architecture simply cannot allow for channel imbalance, but were of course friendly and continued working with me. After two replacement PSUs (which meant two trips to my local dealer and extra customs fees on the direct PSU from the UK), the issue continued. I performed extensive tests including trying it in a different place to exclude the possibility it was something at my home (I never had such issues with any other gear). One thing to try to see if it's the same issue I had, is to verify that this happens only when in amp mode (i.e., when in DAC mode, the external amp never shows channel imbalance). Well, despite assurances that this cannot be, Chord customer support is helpful and willing to help customers enough that they finally changed my whole board. The unit has been working flawlessly since October or November when I got it back.

Interesting to see I was NOT an isolated case. Report it to Ed at Chord. He will help and he will also probably realize that this is a possible issue with the unit's architecture or whatever the term is. Even Rob I believe said that this cannot happen. Well it does, and it is annoying AF to have your 5k unit play right ear only as you wait 30 minutes for the other channel to possibly, maybe start to equalize volume.

Mar 16, 2022 at 4:17 AM Post #15,974 of 19,014
My TT2 has been sent to Chord in the first week of December 2021. Still not repaired.

Why doesn't Chord or the dealers switch units? My unit was 6 months old, looked brand new, I have the box and everything.

I love the sound of my TT2, but once in a while I'm tempted to sell it for something more reliable.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #15,975 of 19,014
My TT2 has been sent to Chord in the first week of December 2021. Still not repaired.

Why does Chord or the dealers switch units? My unit was 6 months old, looked brand new, I have the box and everything.

I love the sound of my TT2, but once in a while I'm tempted to sell it for something more reliable.

Same issue?

I think they do this because they are so complex, they are unrepairable. They can usually only switch the board to resolve the issue. I don't have technical expertise, but this argument came to mind after listening to Justin Weber here about class D amplifiers and how they are largely unrepairable as opposed to older, simpler technology like tube amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back