Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Mar 3, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #15,916 of 19,009
@Volote, do you mean @feddar’s iPhone manual?

Mar 3, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #15,918 of 19,009
@Lgn3, I looked through the TT2 manual and I didn’t see any reference to a PIN number for syncing. I’ll try it with my iPhone 13 Pro Max and see if it works. Thnx

Mar 3, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #15,920 of 19,009
It isn't in the TT2 manual but is in the TT manual.
@bpcans let us know if 0000 works. I don't remember where I found this info, but I remember trying to figure it out myself until I stumbled on it. It probably was the TT manual in the long run. I do use BT from time to time off my iphone and it works just fine.

Mar 3, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #15,927 of 19,009
when using the TToby I used high gain and controlled volume with TT2. With the rmRiviera I ten times out the TT2 in DAC mode and use the volume on the Riviera.
I am still getting hissing sound when no music is playing on both Lo and Hi gain. This is for my Abyss 1266 TC headphones. I tried with RCA and XLR outs into the TToby and hissing both methods. I removed the M Scaler from the chain and still have hiss. The hiss is audible until the volume reaches about -60H. Once I go past that volume the hiss is no longer audible. I always listen around -40H anyways but it does bother me that the hiss is there.

No hiss when TT2 direct though with or without M Scaler.

Mar 4, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #15,929 of 19,009
I would like to share my impression of comparing TT2 to Chord Dave. I feed both DACs with Mscaler and Chord 2go+2yu streamer. The headphone amplifiers I used for AB comparison: WA33 standard version, OG cavalli liquid gold and Headamp BHSE. Head phones I used: Abyss 1266 Phi TC, HD800s, LCD4, Verite closed, HE1000se, SR009 and SR007.

I had ABed these two DACs for about a week. They sound very similar to my ears although I can pass blind ABX test. Dave's sound stage is a little wider and its sound imaging is a little less distant comparing to that of TT2. Details and tonality are very similar between the two. To be honest, TT2's sound feels like Dave with level1 crossfeed (Dave doesn't have crossfeed in its DAC mode so can't compare directly). The layering of Dave sounds a little better defined than TT2 because of its closer sound field. Dave doesn't have the capacitor charging noise of TT2 which could be annoying when you listen nearby your DAC.

I would say TT2 is a great DAC and it is probably the sweet spot in Chord's DAC ladder for headphone users. On speaker system my impressions may change. It has a more powerful headphone amp than Dave too. I also did comparison between TT2 and Hugo2 a while ago and I could tell TT2 is noticeably better.
Thanks. It is a weird way to set crossfeed but it works. I will update my impression on Dave crossfeed1 and TT2.
crossfeed1 vs crossfeed0 (same effect on Dave and TT2): Sound stage becomes narrower, further away, deeper and more spherical. Imaging becomes more focused. Better sense of layering. crossfeed1 has drier and thinner sound.
Dave crossfeed1 vs TT2 crossfeed0: Rounder sound stage, similar width, better layering and more focused imaging. Overall sounds more 3D. Drier and thinner sound.
Dave crossfeed1 vs TT2 crossfeed1: Same difference as my first comparison (crossfeed0 on both DACs). Dave sounds a little wider, closer and has better layering.

Crossfeed1 makes bigger difference than that between Dave and TT2 to my ear. Dave is the better DAC but I was shocked by how similar these two DACs sound. My wife who isn't an audiophile couldn't hear any difference by using 1266 TC.

Mar 4, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #15,930 of 19,009
Hi, I’m looking for good USB cable for my TT2 - Macbook. Budget around 1000-2000$, I love to add more clarity, transparent, and low-treble.
any suggestions and reviews are always welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back