Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Nov 12, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #10,651 of 19,009
I bet Dave 2 first. So maybe longer but just speculating.

Sounds feasible to me Whazzzup....but given my recent findings I personally would strongly advise folks to look at (seriously) upgrading their source and peripherals instead. I'm sure current TT2/HMS potential has a good way to go in many setups, as did mine lol :wink:. "New blood" doesn't always translate into good value-for-money, to be sure...:thinking:

Nov 12, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #10,652 of 19,009
I bet Dave 2 first. So maybe longer but just speculating.
I don't think there will ever be a DAVE 2, unless that is the name given to the first of the digital amps.

Apart from that, we are still waiting for the 2Yu to ship first, and Chord had posted about then pausing for a few months to review the future product strategy.

On top of that, lockdown 2 has now started in the UK, and the UK prime minister has warned that the next 6 months will be very difficult.
Maybe I am pessimistic, but if this means a repeat of the downsides of lockdown 1 (suppliers close, dealers close, working from home, no canjams of hifi shows, potential customers having less spare budget, etc), then I don't feel very optimistic for any UK manufacturers releasing any new products during S1 2021.
The above could turn out to be the 'optimistic scenario', which is why I was cautious and posted 2022 at the earliest. :slight_frown:

Nov 12, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #10,653 of 19,009
I’m cool with DX feeding TT into gsx mk2 so I’m not waiting for anything. This to shall pass but yes velocity of money supply will take years to re accelerate.

Nov 12, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #10,654 of 19,009
And where is that typically offered? My local dealer just offered me a 12% discount over MSRP, but I understand that this is absolutely normal when buying from your local shop.

Does this mean on Black Friday I can hope for 20% off? :) Not sure they would like that suggestion.
Black Friday is for consumer product not the high end product as I have experienced.
For audio, just contact and have deal with them :)

Nov 13, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #10,656 of 19,009
I will be getting a TT2 soon and would like to ask everyone about the stock USB cable that comes with it please. How good is the cable? Do I need to purchase a better quality cable?

I personally have never found a stock cable (of any kind) that comes with to be worth keeping...especially when having spent ££££$$$$ on a piece of equipment lol! My very well regarded inexpensive Supra USB cable easily outperformed the stock one, and which in turn was bettered by one I made using Neotech UP-OCC solid silver wire. I always advise getting the very best cables one can afford...after reading up as many reviews/opinions as possible of course :).

ps. Congrats on getting the TT2...now just get saving for an m-scaler!!

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #10,657 of 19,009
I will be getting a TT2 soon and would like to ask everyone about the stock USB cable that comes with it please. How good is the cable? Do I need to purchase a better quality cable?
I'm using an AudioQuest Carbon USB cable. Not particularly expensive in relation to some cables but it seems quite good to me.

Nov 13, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #10,658 of 19,009
Holy chit, im in the middle of some choons at the moment and dafuq, I forgot just how good my setup is, it's like folk singing right next to me.

kthxbai

Nov 13, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #10,660 of 19,009
I must be bloody jinxed, bloody clicking is back.

I waited a week or so after getting it back from being repaired to plug it in, had 1 session, heard it click on start up, which is normal, played with it for a few minutes or so and I heard it click one more time but I didn't think anything of it, so I turned it off.

I turned it on today and now it's clicking again.

I have checked out all my mains sockets upstairs and down with this before my TT2 was sent back to me.

meh

They all passed with flying colours, so does this mean TT2 is meant to click or am I jinxed ?

Not happy.
Is it clicking whilst it is playing music?

Nov 13, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #10,661 of 19,009
I agree with the others that posted, when money allows try to look into a better cable, I have the AQ Diamond and I’m very satisfied with the improvement in sound. You don’t have to go broke looking for one, just do your research. With me in regards to cables I just didn’t want it to be “one” of my weakest links In the chain.

Nov 13, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #10,662 of 19,009
Is it clicking whilst it is playing music?

Yup, but I don't think it's as bad as before though.

I'm gunna get an electrician in to test things out, they coming on wednesday, but by the looks of it, everything looks to be ok electrical wise, but I'm not a sparkie, I have basic knowledge, like changing a 13amp fuse for a 5amp fuse :D

I will see what they say when I see them.

Nov 13, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #10,663 of 19,009
Yup, but I don't think it's as bad as before though.

I'm gunna get an electrician in to test things out, they coming on wednesday, but by the looks of it, everything looks to be ok electrical wise, but I'm not a sparkie, I have basic knowledge, like changing a 13amp fuse for a 5amp fuse :D

I will see what they say when I see them.
Is it a relay click, or the sort of clicking that owners were getting with the 2Go?

Nov 13, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #10,664 of 19,009
Is it a relay click, or the sort of clicking that owners were getting with the 2Go?

Yeah, it sounds like it's a relay, but if this is the same problem as my tt2 that just got repaired suffered from, rob said it shouldn't be doing that, so I really don't know.

Also, I don't want to go all fedor n schiit on some forum, well, atleast until I know exactly whose ass I should be kicking.

We shall see what happens on wednesday, this is gunna be a long 5 days.

On the bright side, on the 24th I will be getting my broadband upgraded to full fibre, 1gig up and down w00t :D at the moment I'm on 52mbit, alt.bin here I come.

W.T.F it just clicked again and it's not even connected to the mains, argh.

Nov 13, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #10,665 of 19,009
W.T.F it just clicked again and it's not even connected to the mains, argh.
There are no batteries, so does that mean that your TT2 is switched off, but still occasionally clicking?
If yes, that makes me think of 'thermal clicks' when components warm up (or cool down) and expand/contract.
You are not accidently covering/blocking ventilation holes?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back