Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Nov 6, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #10,591 of 18,905
I would be guided by cable length and weight. For a short connection, say < 1m, I would use 3.5mm. For a longer, heavier cable, I would use the 1/4"
Currently, I use the supplied cable with the 1/4" plug, but that is a bit of a faff when my chord TT dac is on my desk only 80mm away.
I requested the 1/4" plug.

Nov 6, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #10,592 of 18,905
I would be guided by cable length and weight. For a short connection, say < 1m, I would use 3.5mm. For a longer, heavier cable, I would use the 1/4"
Currently, I use the supplied cable with the 1/4" plug, but that is a bit of a faff when my chord TT dac is on my desk only 80mm away.

This is the advantage of custom cables. In my choice you can make the 4-pin connection at any point along the total length. Just keep in mind long adapter cables come at a higher cost to switch termination.

Edit: Looking back I should have made cans to 4-pin only 12-18 inches. This would have made it easier to wear on a flight with very short adapter cable terminated in 3.5mm

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #10,593 of 18,905
665ECA91-57C2-4C54-8DAB-E0BAE4B2FFFF.jpegI had my black dragon cables customized with Mini XLR connectors on the amp end. I also have a 10 ft extension cable made That was the best move ever. So now I can switch headphones, amps and DAPs with no issues also add my extension if needed.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #10,594 of 18,905
Thumbnails please, as fullscreen images mess with my ipads karma.

Nov 7, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #10,596 of 18,905
Good to see you back, after a few days absence. :relaxed:

Hi Mike, cheers.

I've kinda been lurking off and on, I still feel schit and I haven't even unwrapped my TT2 that arrived last sunday.

I look at my desk and see a pile of crap on it, and just looking at it is enough to drain my batteries. I can't believe that in the 4-5 weeks I haven't had my TT2, my desk suddenly turns in to something that resembles the place on Mount Everest where its just one big dump.

Nov 7, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #10,597 of 18,905
Hi Mike, cheers.

I've kinda been lurking off and on, I still feel schit and I haven't even unwrapped my TT2 that arrived last sunday.

I look at my desk and see a pile of crap on it, and just looking at it is enough to drain my batteries. I can't believe that in the 4-5 weeks I haven't had my TT2, my desk suddenly turns in to something that resembles the place on Mount Everest where its just one big dump.
I have been thinking about tidying up the pile of stuff on my desk - but every time that I build up enough motivation, my cat jumps up onto the desk, and then goes to sleep. :relaxed:

Nov 7, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #10,598 of 18,905
I have been thinking about tidying up the pile of stuff on my desk - but every time that I build up enough motivation, my cat jumps up onto the desk, and then goes to sleep. :relaxed:

Lol, cats are cool and they are all stealth ninja's.

Some of the stuff that my old cat leo used to do was nuts, he used to bring us marigold washing up gloves, probably his way of showing affection, then he turned to birds, he wouldn't kill them, just play with them until they were half dead, then he would take them in to the house.

I might get around to setting up my TT2 this weekend, but looking at my desk, I get the error "Does not compute".

But apart from that, I love cats and small dogs.

Edit;

I just got my first ever pair of Step One Get Some boxer shorts, damn these things are excellent, silky soft and uber cool compared to my Calvins, I've never had boxer shorts as comfortable as these. They are made out of bamboo but feel like silk.

I would now advise us blokes to buy a pair, and if you don't like them you get to keep them.

Step One Get Some

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #10,599 of 18,905
Quick question. I am thinking of upgrading from my current Hugo 2 to the Hugo TT2 however I am also planning to add the Mscaler at some point.

My question is which order should I follow?

Has anyone got experience with the hugo2/Mscaler combo versus the TT2 without the Mscaler?

is it worth adding an Mscaler to my current Hugo2, keeping that for a while and then upgrading the Hugo 2 to the TT2 at a later date or will I get a more noticeable change by swapping straight to the TT2 and adding the Mscaler to that later on?

Any thoughts?

thanks in advance for any insights

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #10,600 of 18,905
Quick question. I am thinking of upgrading from my current Hugo 2 to the Hugo TT2 however I am also planning to add the Mscaler at some point.

My question is which order should I follow?

Has anyone got experience with the hugo2/Mscaler combo versus the TT2 without the Mscaler?

is it worth adding an Mscaler to my current Hugo2, keeping that for a while and then upgrading the Hugo 2 to the TT2 at a later date or will I get a more noticeable change by swapping straight to the TT2 and adding the Mscaler to that later on?

Any thoughts?

thanks in advance for any insights

YouTube ‘Passion for sound’ made some recommendations about these options recently. He was using the Qutest over H2, but same same. Ultimately he said MScaler gave a bigger uplift to sound with the Qutest than TT without MScaler. Obviously TT2 with MScaler trumps that again.

Nov 7, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #10,601 of 18,905
YouTube ‘Passion for sound’ made some recommendations about these options recently. He was using the Qutest over H2, but same same. Ultimately he said MScaler gave a bigger uplift to sound with the Qutest than TT without MScaler. Obviously TT2 with MScaler trumps that again.
Ok thanks for the feedback I will google it. I think my path is set. Mscaler must be a pretty mean beast if it can raise the bar that much.

Nov 8, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #10,602 of 18,905
Good Sunday morning everybody. Yesterday I traded in my Chord Qutest for a Hugo TT2. It's quite the upgrade in sound quality and capability. I've got a new Woo Audio WA22 headphone amp arriving on Tuesday, and I would like for my little headphone system to be fully balanced. What are the best 3-pin XLR cables for connecting my TT2 to my amp? I'm presently using Audioquest Earth RCA interconnects and an AQ Diamond USB cable from my MacBook Pro to the TT2.

Nov 8, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #10,604 of 18,905
Good Sunday morning everybody. Yesterday I traded in my Chord Qutest for a Hugo TT2. It's quite the upgrade in sound quality and capability. I've got a new Woo Audio WA22 headphone amp arriving on Tuesday, and I would like for my little headphone system to be fully balanced. What are the best 3-pin XLR cables for connecting my TT2 to my amp? I'm presently using Audioquest Earth RCA interconnects and an AQ Diamond USB cable from my MacBook Pro to the TT2.
I had some made using Belden 8760 cable.

Nov 8, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #10,605 of 18,905
Thinking of making the same switch from the Hugo 2. Can you say more about the difference in sound. Would you say the TT2 is warmer or brighter than the Qutest? How does the soundstage differ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back