Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 10, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #8,281 of 18,905
Then you must
check your hearing..?
Level of hearing is very different. It is something we are born with. I for example can only hear a subtle difference between TT2 filters. Others can't hear a difference at all and some half-gods like Rob Watts can distinguish filter differences on a blind audition any day.
Where things go wrong in my opinion is when people are unaware of their own hearing limitations. I know I can't hear anything above 16K. I know I can hardly differentiate between TT2 filters.
But I know what a tight and clean bass is. I know how lifelike mids should sound like and I surely know if the treble is full of fake details or it is truly natural and detailed.

My point is, the level of hearing is a gift. Unfortunately not many of us realise their true position on the line of this hearing scale. Once you realise and test where you stand, you will be a happier and wealthier audiophile. :)

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #8,282 of 18,905
Jan 10, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #8,284 of 18,905
I think a good sense check is to go to live performances, especially in small venues. If the live music is more enjoyable than your hifi system, there is a good chance your hearing is good enough to appreciate improvements to the system.
Good advice. I found that live music sounded 'slightly flat', which then enabled me to put all the posts about adding component x, makes your music seem more alive, into context.

Jan 10, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #8,286 of 18,905
If you want to go with usb...then yes
I think you can choose. Anyway on the pics in the link i see one with rca coax.

Digital Audio Output USB (N100H) or USB and SPDIF on RCA Coax (N100C & N100SC)

"And our dedicated high-performance Audio 2.0 USB digital audio output or SPDIF Coax feature ultra low-noise power circuitry to deliver a pristine digital stream to the connected DAC"

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #8,287 of 18,905
I am not sure if there is anyone looking for a TT2. I listed mine for sale in the classifieds. I went and listened to a DCS Bartok and loved it. I love the TT2 but with my 2 channel system I think that the Bartok will be a better match and allow me to return the Aries G2 as well due to the fact that the Bartok is also a network streamer. I listed my AB-1266 Phi TC as well.

Jan 11, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #8,288 of 18,905
Then you must
check your hearing..?
My HMS/TT2 works perfectly, being fed via USB from a Roon Nucleus.
Why, oh why would I want to place another piece of hardware in-between the Nucleus/HMS?
Nonsensical, IMO.

Jan 11, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #8,289 of 18,905
I think you can choose. Anyway on the pics in the link i see one with rca coax.

Digital Audio Output USB (N100H) or USB and SPDIF on RCA Coax (N100C & N100SC)

"And our dedicated high-performance Audio 2.0 USB digital audio output or SPDIF Coax feature ultra low-noise power circuitry to deliver a pristine digital stream to the connected DAC"
ok..but i am set on optical..tried most other alternatives..well you have got lots of advices...rest is up to you..go out and listen! Cheers.

Jan 11, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #8,290 of 18,905
My HMS/TT2 works perfectly, being fed via USB from a Roon Nucleus.
Why, oh why would I want to place another piece of hardware in-between the Nucleus/HMS?
Nonsensical, IMO.
I am only saying it becuase i have had nucleus myself..and switcht to aries g2. Better sound..i use lightning ds.
which is free. usb from nucleus was
noisey to me..but if you are happy..thats all that matters..cheers.

Jan 11, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #8,291 of 18,905
I am not sure if there is anyone looking for a TT2. I listed mine for sale in the classifieds. I went and listened to a DCS Bartok and loved it. I love the TT2 but with my 2 channel system I think that the Bartok will be a better match and allow me to return the Aries G2 as well due to the fact that the Bartok is also a network streamer. I listed my AB-1266 Phi TC as well.
Why AB-1266 Phi TC. I
thought it was the best headphones money could buy? Bartok not having the power?

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #8,292 of 18,905
Why AB-1266 Phi TC. I
thought it was the best heaphones money could buy? Bartok not having the power?

They are the best headphone out there but I listen to my two channel with the Magicos 90% of the time.

Jan 11, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #8,294 of 18,905
I am only saying it becuase i have had nucleus myself..and switcht to aries g2. Better sound..i use lightning ds.
which is free. usb from nucleus was
noisey to me..but if you are happy..thats all that matters..cheers.
I’ve never encountered any noise issues, either when my Nucleus was connected directly to the TT2, or now when it’s connected to the HMS.
Both units are galvanically isolated, so USB noise isn’t a problem at all with the HMS/TT2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back