Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Oct 16, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #1,996 of 18,905
Yes, mine came Monday, yesterday. See page 131 and 132 for my pics.

Lucky man.

I’m still waiting for my scaler, I’m not in a huge rush, it’s good to let others find faults first, if there is any. If it isn’t here by november, I will cancel my order and use some other store.

Oct 16, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #1,997 of 18,905
Lucky man.

I’m still waiting for my scaler, I’m not in a huge rush, it’s good to let others find faults first, if there is any. If it isn’t here by november, I will cancel my order and use some other store.

Where is ‘here’? You show no location.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #1,998 of 18,905
Still have to actually try the TT2 with the iCAN and my Focal Clears though as both a faulty (Clears clipping and rattling at low frequencies, shipped back to France for repair or exchange & the iCAN exhibits strange buzzing, static and scratching sounds that originate internally within the amp i.e. tested with no inputs at all... not lucky am I?)
That sounds like what Grado headphone users call Grado grattle. Where a hair or dust gets on the driver and rattles at low frequencies. ... Shame though, whatever.

I like the idea of the Clears myself. I read they are more neutral than the Utopia, with the utopia being a bit bass light. However I then read that the Utopias were changed, in response to being called bass light. Focal apparently started making them with more bass. I never got as far as looking into that.

You're really fortunate though to have your TT2. Many others are waiting. It's probably the fourth best DAC in the world. Or higher depending on your opinion of course.

I wasn't picking on you when I suggested to drop your pro-headphone amp. Really I was just saying. It sounds almost as though you are using it as EQ. Whereas you'd be better off digitally EQing what you want in, and leaving out the amp. I don't know though, as it's your thing. I definitely understand why someone would want a headphone amp like that though, until now maybe.

However with Chord DACs, you're as close as literally plugging straight into the output of the DAC. Barely any electronics between DAC and headphone port. The less the better. Considering the quality of sound production then I can't see why I would want to alter it. Unless I was compensating for headphones, which is a whole other nightmare. One which is keeping me from committing to buying because I am unsure. I'd like as neutral as possible.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #2,002 of 18,905
Where is ‘here’? You show no location.
what dealer?! :/

(also in NYC btw)

My dealer is on the net and in another state. When I ordered mine, I was told 5 week’s, but it’s been over 5 weeks. I emailed and asked if there was any news, the reply was “roughly a week or so”, hopefully it won’t be long.

Have you got yours ?

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #2,003 of 18,905
My dealer is on the net and in another state. When I ordered mine, I was told 5 week’s, but it’s been over 5 weeks. I emailed and asked if there was any news, the reply was “roughly a week or so”, hopefully it won’t be long.

Have you got yours ?

roughly a week or so until more "news" or shipping?!

i've been expecting HMS first based on all the US retailers posted estimates

Oct 16, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #2,004 of 18,905
roughly a week or so until more "news" or shipping?!

i've been expecting HMS first based on all the US retailers posted estimates

I have no idea, but I’m expecting it to be no longer than 2 weeks. What were you told, November ? When I first ordered I was told Autumn, then October, now 1-2 week’s, basically November, which I was told at the begining of october.

The wait is annoying, especially when I see Australia having TT2 and MScalers, but, they live 12 hours into the future, that could explain why they got theirs first.

Oct 16, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #2,006 of 18,905
Newyork, my dealer said it will be here in a week, give or take a day or two.

Anywhere near Meyda Tiffany Lighting? Just noticed the Amberlamps

Oct 17, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #2,008 of 18,905
Anywhere near Meyda Tiffany Lighting? Just noticed the Amberlamps

Sorry, No I’m not.

This is my Amber Lamps.

04CFCD39-A610-4B89-8528-29A187C091D8.gif

9D67AB68-93AD-4E79-9205-DCA1EB1A709D.png

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Amber Lamps

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #2,009 of 18,905
Above hugo tt2 we have hugo2+mscaler and tt2+mscaler. not including dave+mscaler

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #2,010 of 18,905

Users who are viewing this thread

Back