Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Aug 29, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #14,731 of 18,907
So how much power does the Susvara need? Dave enough for you? There must be an ideal amount of watts for the Susvara. Also why when I try to EQ the Susvara with a low bass shelf from the rear of the TT2 it doesn’t do much. Similar when you connect an Arya to a cell phone and try to EQ a low bass shelf as well.
I did not listen Susvara (or Arya with Dave) with tt2/Dave. I cannot comment on that.
I was referring to Arya TT1/TT2 combo in previous post.
Arya.jpg

That's exactly what I was hearing with Arya - too much energy on top.
But these so called reviewers from youtube won't tell you that. They will say Arya is very detailed, this and that.
But after 30 minutes of listening your ears have enough - and you start to wondering what is wrong with my gear ?
Uber youtube reviewer said that they are amazing and sparkly on top.
Yeah right - I call it BS

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #14,732 of 18,907
Currently comparing Diana Phi on TT2 (Direct) vs Chord Qutest + Formula S. Volume matching at 1000hz (60db, 72db and 79db)

It does't matter what kind of songs I played, somehow TT2 always produce louder sound to my ears. At first I though because TT2 produce fuller sound at midrange area (could be the main cause), but actually deep bass notes also more pronounce (when tested with Jazz variant from O-Zone Percussion Group).

I even double/triple check the 1000hz volume matching to make sure everything is correct.

Formula S is always the magical amp for me that able to "convert" Diana (Phi/V2) into the true musical headphone, and this amp become my wish list since some months ago. However, a month ago I tried Diana Phi direct from TT2 and whoa, what an amazing experience here. I'm truly lucky today I able to compare them side by side!

Aug 30, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #14,733 of 18,907
A number of you have said this for a while I know, but all digital sources are not the same. I had bit-perfect usb output and thought I was good to go, but getting my old CD player out (Cambridge Audio 640C, digital out to M-Scaler) and spinning some silver has been a revelation. 1st time playing CDs for some 8 years and have now ordered a new CD transport. Getting a much more natural, three-dimensional sound than I was getting from my NUC. Though ultimately I now want to get a very good digital transport for steaming, something as good as CD. Still learning after all these years :wink:

Aug 30, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #14,734 of 18,907
A number of you have said this for a while I know, but all digital sources are not the same. I had bit-perfect usb output and thought I was good to go, but getting my old CD player out (Cambridge Audio 640C, digital out to M-Scaler) and spinning some silver has been a revelation. 1st time playing CDs for some 8 years and have now ordered a new CD transport. Getting a much more natural, three-dimensional sound than I was getting from my NUC. Though ultimately I now want to get a very good digital transport for steaming, something as good as CD. Still learning after all these years :wink:
Yep -- I was pleasantly surprised how much better my Allo Digione/USBridge/Shanti improved things over my NUC.

I wonder how much of the improvement is:

- S/PDIF out of Digione (running Volumio) vs USB out of NUC (running FooBar2000 into SU-1 which then feeds DACs)
- Linear power supply
- Not Windows

All about GIGO :)

Aug 30, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #14,735 of 18,907
@Qute Beats out of curiosity which cd transport did you order?

Aug 30, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #14,736 of 18,907
Aug 30, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #14,737 of 18,907
Yep -- I was pleasantly surprised how much better my Allo Digione/USBridge/Shanti improved things over my NUC.

I wonder how much of the improvement is:

- S/PDIF out of Digione (running Volumio) vs USB out of NUC (running FooBar2000 into SU-1 which then feeds DACs)
- Linear power supply
- Not Windows

All about GIGO :)
I'd got an allo Digi one Sig hat for a pi, sounded good when I could get it to work.. tried volumio and moode but kept having connection issues. What software have you used?

Aug 30, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #14,738 of 18,907
I'd got an allo Digi one Sig hat for a pi, sounded good when I could get it to work.. tried volumio and moode but kept having connection issues. What software have you used?
My issues were WiFi.. got frustrated and now sits in a drawer..

Aug 30, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #14,739 of 18,907
Volumio
My issues were WiFi.. got frustrated and now sits in a drawer..
I have a wired connection -- only use WiFi for streaming.

Sep 1, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #14,741 of 18,907
Finally able to test the XLR out of TT2 for Diana Phi. Volume match at 76db, I feel the difference is noticeable, even though it is marginal.

XLR deliver more rumble and dense at low bass notes, more air between instrument, and slight bigger (depth and width) soundstage presentation. Midrange to treble seems a little bit more open up with (very) slight a little more laidback in presentation.

Mind you, this test use converter from Dual XLR 3 pin to XLR 4 pin made of hybrid silver x copper cable while my Diana use full OCC copper, so if you cable believer should take this into count.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #14,743 of 18,907
Humming from the device. Or audible noise in your headphones.

it’s not resonating on your shelf or desk?

I don’t recall mine humming though.

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #14,745 of 18,907

Users who are viewing this thread

Back