Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Oct 25, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #10,546 of 19,009
I've posted some pictures and impressions of dave and also my thoughts of dave vs mTT2 on the dave thread if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #10,548 of 19,009
just goto the chord dave thread//forum here on headfi.

Oct 27, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #10,551 of 19,009
Anyone can compare first Hugo TT sound to Hugo2?
Hugo2 is paring great with warm headphones like Final D8000 so im curious how TT wil be parnig?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #10,552 of 19,009
Anyone can compare first Hugo TT sound to Hugo2?
Hugo2 is paring great with warm headphones like Final D8000 so im curious how TT wil be parnig?
i preferred tt to h2, plus I use a balanced xlr pre amp.

Oct 27, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #10,553 of 19,009
Oct 31, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #10,554 of 19,009
Thinking of upgrading to the TT2, to some degree to drive the iFi iESL since it puts out enough power via XLR for it. (iFi's own Pro iCAN it's made to work with just isn't enough). I'd be selling off a few things to get my chain down to the TT2 as a TOTL solid state and with the Glenn OTL for when I want tubes.

Anyone use the TT2 with the iESL? Using for Stax 007-MK2.

Anyone ever compare the TT2 amp with the Pro iCAN amp in SS mode (using TT2 as DAC only)? I prefer the iCAN with the Hugo 2 over the Hugo's amp but if the SS amp isn't a big leap over the Hugo 2, then not sure if it makes sense (as the iCAN would be sold).

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #10,555 of 19,009
Hoo'ah I gots me my titty 2 back.

I'm waiting for it to get to room temp before I plug it in and listen to über tune's.

I shall keep it real and stay in the TT2's owners club. I will not turn to the dark side by buying a bloke called Dave, oh schiit, I just realised that I also bought a bloke, he is called Hugo.

I'm hetro before anyone asks.

:D

Nov 1, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #10,556 of 19,009
Hoo'ah I gots me my titty 2 back.

I'm waiting for it to get to room temp before I plug it in and listen to über tune's.

I shall keep it real and stay in the TT2's owners club. I will not turn to the dark side by buying a bloke called Dave, oh schiit, I just realised that I also bought a bloke, he is called Hugo.

I'm hetro before anyone asks.

:D

Hey Steve, glad you got your friend Hugo back to keep you company. Take care and say hello to Hugo for me.

Nov 1, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #10,557 of 19,009
Hey Steve, glad you got your friend Hugo back to keep you company. Take care and say hello to Hugo for me.

I gave him a kiss upon arrival, right on his serial number :D

I have been using my Mojo+Poly for the last few weeks, which is cool, but 2.4ghz on both of my asus routers started playing up yet again, keeps saying incorrect password, it's a well known bug that asus doesn't care about as I've read loads of complaints about it, so that left me using mojo hardwired.

The fix for the dodgy 2.4ghz wifi is........enable wifi guest mode, I schiit you not. Yay, free wifi evleybody,

Yes, I do watch the simpsons.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #10,558 of 19,009
I gave him a kiss upon arrival, right on his serial number :D

I have been using my Mojo+Poly for the last few weeks, which is cool, but 2.4ghz on both of my asus routers started playing up yet again, keeps saying incorrect password, it's a well known bug that asus doesn't care about as I've read loads of complaints about it, so that left me using mojo hardwired.

The fix for the dodgy 2.4ghz wifi is........enable wifi guest mode, I schiit you not. Yay, free wifi evleybody,

Yes, I do watch the simpsons.
What was wrong to cause the clicking relays or did they just fix it?

Nov 1, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #10,559 of 19,009
What was wrong to cause the clicking relays or did they just fix it?

Quoted from an email that I received.

"The complete input and decoder board has been changed. The original had an issue taking power from the PSU"

My 2 pence,

Maybe the clicking I was hearing was caused by TT2 turning off and on fast enough for me not to notice it happening due to TT2 being able to stay alive for 10 or so seconds after it's turned off.

The clicking was the only hint of something being wrong, as the display and SQ were unaffected.

Nov 1, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #10,560 of 19,009
Quoted from an email that I received.

"The complete input and decoder board has been changed. The original had an issue taking power from the PSU"

My 2 pence,

Maybe the clicking I was hearing was caused by TT2 turning off and on fast enough for me not to notice it happening due to TT2 being able to stay alive for 10 or so seconds after it's turned off.

The clicking was the only hint of something being wrong, as the display and SQ were unaffected.
Well, I’m glad you got it back. Music is so important in these times of isolating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back