Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 14, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #4,022 of 19,009
Hello there brutha’s and sista’s, how are ya’ll on this fine winters evening ?

A question for the semi rich/middle class, what are ya’ll running your 2 Tee Tee’s @

Either Low G, or, Pull up, Pull Up, Terrain, Terrain Pull Up Pull Up Hi G ?

Low or High gain

Which one and what headphones do you use ? This is merely a headphone question, so no speakers speak.

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #4,023 of 19,009
Hd800s- hi gain - sounds fuller. I was a bit concerned that the naturalness of the drums was lost a bit when I switched to high gain but I was probably just imagining it. Timbre I suppose.

Anyway, on hi g, the sound is fuller, I’d say more dynamic, can listen at lower volume overall.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #4,025 of 19,009
I also think Lo G is better but not always, alot my my tracks that were on the verge of being decimated by Hugo have now been decimated my mscaler and tt2, no doubt it’s bad recordings.

Sometimes at low g, some detail seems to be low on volume, slightly muffled, I move it over to Hi G and those details become louder and more upfront than they were before.

However, on the bad side of Hi G, some tracks can now be too screetchy, it’s like too much treble, but go back to lo G and it’s ok.

It seems to be a problem with certains tracks, some prefer Lo G, others prefer Hi G. It’s times like this that I wish the remote had a G button on it.

I also think qobuz is not the best interface ever, it’s crap, glitchy, at times slow to load songs etc. Once we get qobuz intergrated into Roon I’m off to Roon as I can!t stand qobuz’s interface.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #4,026 of 19,009
Ditto for me too. Moved on to hi g after starting off on lo g. I can only say I think it sounds better, might all be in the head. 800S and lcd2.

I also think Lo G is better but not always, alot my my tracks that were on the verge of being decimated by Hugo have now been decimated my mscaler and tt2, no doubt it’s bad recordings.

Sometimes at low g, some detail seems to not be low on volume, slightly muffled, I move it over to Hi G and those details become louder and more upfront than they were before.

However, on the bad side of Hi G, some tracks can now be too screetchy, it’s like too much treble, but go back to lo G and it’s ok.

It seems to be a problem with certains tracks, some prefer Lo G, others prefer Hi G. It’s times like this that I wish the remote had a G button on it.

I also think qobuz is not the best interface ever, it’s crap, glitchy, at times slow to load songs etc. Once we get qobuz intergrated into Roon I’m off to Roon as I can!t stand qobuz’s interface.

Are you using a SPL meter to make sure volume is the same?

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #4,027 of 19,009

No, Relic linked me to one on amazon the other day, I just haven’t got around to ordering it yet.

I’m also sure that whilst the mscaler and tt2 are cool as ..... They do tend to shred less than good quality recordings. I noticed that with Hugo 2, it’s more noticeable on the mscaler & tt2.

At the moment a random track just started playing, something about parsley and sage by that dude garfunkel, you know he had a hard time as a kid at school.

If I close my eyes and pretend the vocals are not there, the background stringed instruments are pretty good on this track, not too in yer face, it’s the opposite, it’s just ever so slightly audible.

It feel’s like I’m back in 12th century France, with court jesters and dude’s with ukulele’s in the corner of the room and a hulk roasting in the spit.

It would be cool to hear that track without the vocals.

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #4,028 of 19,009
Well, tomorrow will be the 15th of January and half way through the month. Still nothing on TT2 shipping.

I could have sailed solo across the Atlantic in a Baltic, J boat or a Pacific Seacraft with one and have gotten it here quicker than Bluebird

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #4,029 of 19,009
Well, tomorrow will be the 15th of January and half way through the month. Still nothing on TT2 shipping.

I could have sailed solo across the Atlantic in a Baltic, J boat or a Pacific Seacraft with one and have gotten it here quicker than Bluebird

Moon Audio still has on their website for TT 2 "Large Shipment Arriving December 2018"

BNPc6y2.jpg

Jan 15, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #4,030 of 19,009
I wonder which part of the states will get their tt2's first? very intriguing saga.

Jan 15, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #4,031 of 19,009

I tend not to be super critical, I use my ears to set the same volume and also to determine if it sounds nicer. I know I certainly sway towards enjoying a brighter treble.
I too have now come across the problem of badly mixed/recorded cd’s...a higher end headphone system sure shows them up.

Jan 15, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #4,033 of 19,009
I have to say it upsets me somewhat. Why can’t our friends over the pond be enjoying their new chord equipment like we are?

. . . because they couldn't get their act together and get an order in to Chord from the distributor (allegedly).

Jan 15, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #4,035 of 19,009
Perhaps demand has outstripped supply. You'll know why when you hear it. I advise you to get an order in for the MScaler now because you'll want it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back