Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 11, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #3,977 of 18,907
I suppose that if you were bloody minded and took to Dave with a soldering iron then you could disable the ac power supply and link in a battery DC supply direct to Dave. But why would you given that the AC driven Dave's transparency already demonstrably way better than TT2 and so one might conclude that actually the Dave internal SMPS is not holding it back at all.

Rob says tt2 has other qualities that Dave doesn’t have, though less transparency.

I’m tired of Dave owners coming over here telling us tt2 is crap :)

I’m starting a new group - Direct Action Against Dave Snobs :)

I invite all tt2 owners to join, only a small monthly fee applies.

Jan 11, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #3,980 of 18,907
Do the words ‘that users profile is not available’ mean nothing to you? DAADS beware! :fearful:

Jan 11, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #3,982 of 18,907
You know, for all I do miss the DAVE, as owning it was really cool, The TT2 is a great bit of gear as well. They both have positives they bring to the table.

I'm bummed mine isn't working at the moment, but I've got a new power supply on the way and I hope that fixes things. If not, back to England the TT2 goes I suppose :frowning2:

Jan 11, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #3,984 of 18,907
Maybe he is finally content! Or he is just soaking it in to provide us very detailed listening notes. My vendor is going to shoot my Mojo in for service. I may be slumming it with bluetooth and or listening straight from my bluesound for a while. I should get to hear TT2 at CanJam NYC, if one doesn't materialize here soon. I'd prefer to bring my own TT2 to listen to Ether 2s and Verité.

Jan 11, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #3,987 of 18,907
After a month with the tt2, going balanced into ATC 50 Actives, I wanted to record my appreciation to Mr Watts for his wonderful achievement and also to recommend such a set-up to others. Whether this is better than driving quality efficient speakers, I have no idea - only a couple of years of empirical evidence from the living rooms of the world will answer that - but, if you have the option to audition, tt2>Active, do try it. I've been at this for over 50 years and the tt2, along with the ATC's have easily provided the biggest incremental improvement in performance from the many pieces of kit I have had.
So many records have gained a new lease of life, but this, perhaps because it is from the very top table, is a showstopper:

Jan 11, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #3,989 of 18,907
After a month with the tt2, going balanced into ATC 50 Actives, I wanted to record my appreciation to Mr Watts for his wonderful achievement and also to recommend such a set-up to others. Whether this is better than driving quality efficient speakers, I have no idea - only a couple of years of empirical evidence from the living rooms of the world will answer that - but, if you have the option to audition, tt2>Active, do try it. I've been at this for over 50 years and the tt2, along with the ATC's have easily provided the biggest incremental improvement in performance from the many pieces of kit I have had.
So many records have gained a new lease of life, but this, perhaps because it is from the very top table, is a showstopper:

I’d be interested in hearing more about your speakers, do you play them quiet or loud, in a small room, as monitors?
Seems to be a few similarly named speakers out there, are these 14k new?

Jan 11, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #3,990 of 18,907
I wasn’t using my TT2 tonight and I never got to see the fun on TT2’s display :frowning2:

I missed the fun on TT2,s display.

Does anyone have screenshots of their TT2’s matrix display from tonight ? If so I would like to see your TT2’s screenshots

Send me some TT2 screenshots to my usual address, it’s PM box Amberlamps.

Kthnxbai

Users who are viewing this thread

Back