Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 17, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #3,466 of 18,905
Out of curiosity not thinking you would really do it but would you swap dave for a new mint h2+hms silver?

Dec 17, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #3,467 of 18,905
If I sat that close to a wireless router my balls would be glowing too. Careful dude.

The UK gov sets out specific specifications for wifi strength in the UK, so that it is safe for humans.

Fortunately, I hacked my router and turned the signal up to USA wifi specifications, which just so happen to be illegal in the UK :)

My reset button trigger finger is faster than a bunch of cops running up the stairs to try and grab my router.

Dec 17, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #3,468 of 18,905
Out of curiosity not thinking you would really do it but would you swap dave for a new mint h2+hms silver?

Yikes. I already have a Hugo 2. I’d only swap for a black WA33 which is what I’m going to use the cash for anyway.

Dec 17, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #3,469 of 18,905
AmberL. if i were you i would sell mojopoly, h2, tt2, then add 1700 squid and get a brand new black dave to use with hms. i would be jealous sincerely.:) then again we have different outlooks i suppose. with full trade in guys. may work.

To be honest MK, I don’t want a dave. My TT2 and mscaler beats it and I’m completly happy with what I have.

I will accept a free one however, but I won’t buy one. Too much money for something thats been on sale for years, cut the price in half or 3/5ths and maybe I think about it.

TT2 and Rob’s MScaler really is that good.

Dec 17, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #3,470 of 18,905
My hypothetical proposal meant adding a dave to your hms after selling the remaining items but i can see the tt2/hms is end game for many. i think i have a soft spot for dave.:heart:for me tt2 is more realistic though much more realistic.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #3,471 of 18,905
My hypothetical proposal meant adding a dave to your hms after selling the remaining items but i can see the tt2/hms is end game for many. i think i have a soft spot for dave.:heart:for me tt2 is more realistic though much more realistic.

After having a few days to get used to the combo, I couldn’t give it up now. And atleast I know it’s future proofed since it has more power than dave to drive difficult headphones, susvara etc.

I started off as usb on the mscaler but I have now jumped on over to optical and it may be placebo, but I think optical is the way to go.

From my xonar sound card spdif port @ 192khz

I even watched some tv and a movie and normally I would not watch tv with headphones on, but holy schiit it sounded magic.

Tt2 is cheaper and you already have the mscaler, i would just grab tt2, you will love it as it’s much more than hugo2, combined with the mscaler its something that will last years.

I would like to say that its both products combined that make it great.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #3,473 of 18,905
There are a couple :) Not too much in terms of sonics really, just a quick overview of the product as its just a preview for Canjam. I'd recommend the TT2 for your applications for what its worth. You can always add the Mscaler at a later date :)

A black TT2! They do exist! :frowning2: haha.

Thank you very much for the links. Am watching away now. Jude's a good narrator, no question about that..!

I am thinking as you. TT 2 now and maybe the M-Scaler later. However I am worried about the M-Scaler only in my set up. I have been told not to worry, and to be honest I think it will be fine. ... I still can't from my mind that it would be stacked next to a speaker. A moving magnet. Also possibly stacked on top of my amplifier. Unless I remove the amp, and drive speakers direct from TT2, which is most likely. I have one last concern about M-Scaler placement though. Where I would use the M-Scaler, is within about 40cm of a solid metal (either steel or cast iron) Burlington radiator. .......... In other words I have convinced myself, most likely wrongly, that I will suffer RFI with the M-Scaler.

I know I suggest using the M-Scaler with a Qutest. My amplifier although budget, is generally regarded as the best integrated up to £900. The Rega Brio then being surpassed by the Rega Elex-R. My thinking is that with a TT2, it can drive my speakers. Since it will remove the amplifier, it should be a double upgrade. Then my Hugo 2 can take on headphone duty only, which is what I want to do. Again last night I was listening again with AKG N40 and being blown away. What astonished me most of all last night was how full my ears felt. I am actually still getting used to listening like this.

If I bought the Qutest as my desktop DAC, I would be restricted to my amplifier headphone port. My desktop (speaker) performance would be awesome still as it is now with Hugo 2. Then with Qutest I would obviously be tempted to buy the M-Scaler. I think as the performance is said to outperform DAVE, then my Rega Brio headphone would rock. (Still hearig what you are saying @musickid as I say go direct too.) Being driven by Qutest and M-Scaler, it would probably be reference level driven. Anyway over thinking here as I already said this bit.

I think the best plan would be to try to get a loaner/ home audition, of an M-Scaler.

My plan however after buying a TT2, I think would be towards some better headphones. I already have my mind on the AKG N5005. (I simply can not recommend enough, the AKG N40. Everyone should have a set, even just for back up. Therefor my interest is focused on the higher priced N5005.) Jude discusses the N5005 in the first video you linked at 45:16 .......... I should probably be after some over ears though.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #3,474 of 18,905
The answer to that question would be, only to the other side of the monitor, other than that, anything else would require a pile of ethernet cables to be laid down and done properly so that they are hidden.

Read as, “under the floor boards”.

I guess since the computer is there just disable the wi-fi in settings when you are sitting at the desk.

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #3,476 of 18,905
I guess since the computer is there just disable the wi-fi in settings when you are sitting at the desk.

Good idea but, it absolutely positively will not be happening, I didn’t buy a tri-band 3200mbps wifi router just for a single ipad.

If my wifi gets turned off, roughly 35 devices go offline. It cannot happen.

I know you mean well :wink:

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #3,477 of 18,905
...roughly 35 devices go offline.

Whoa!

On another note, and more on topic, it's beginning to look more and more like I will have to buy without an audition. Two weeks to go to the trip and nothing on TT 2 only mScaler here in America.

Does the Chord TT 2 box come with a handle? I've only seen cardboard shipping and not a branded "store-front" box like my Qutest.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #3,478 of 18,905
Whoa!

On another note, and more on topic, it's beginning to look more and more like I will have to buy without an audition. Two weeks to go to the trip and nothing on TT 2 only mScaler here in America.

Does the Chord TT 2 box come with a handle?

Nope, no handle and it comes in two chord cardboard boxes, outer and inner, and it’s well packaged so that damage is unlikely.

No audition needed, the combo is excellent. It really is.

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #3,479 of 18,905
Nope, no handle and it comes in two chord cardboard boxes, outer and inner, and it’s well packaged so that damage is unlikely.

No audition needed, the combo is excellent. It really is.

I'm just in the window of pre-ordering vs. hoping dealer in Atlanta has a cash and carry. Which in my case is a cash and carry and carry on...

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #3,480 of 18,905
I have wi-fi off anyway. I use cable internet, because they say it's safer as wi-fi can be hacked.

Cable is just as easy to hack as wifi if not easier.

Wifi just gets a bad name because folk don’t know how to set it up, leave it open with no password or use wep.

There is apps that can be used to target wifi, but they depend on wifi not being encrypted. WPA2 Enterprise will scupper 99.9% of mobile hackers plans.

Infact, cable is more likely to be hacked than wifi, as wifi is locally attacked, someone in a car or van, and your wifi range is so small that they would have to be right outside your house to do it.

Cable is globaly attacked, china and russia are high on the list of snoopers, checking which port of the 65’000 that you have that is open and gets a reply from when pinged.

Here, try this, Steve Gibson is a widely known internet security advisor, try his free scan that will tell you if the first 1000 ports that you have, the most important are open to being hacked.

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2

It’s the shields up scanner, if my link will not work, as knowing him, that link might just be for me so that he can asses how many unique visitors use his scanner.

If it doesn’t work, goto his site grc.com and then do the shields up test, select proceed and then select all service ports.

Years ago he gave me mad props on his show for finding problems with the results during certain conditions, but it’s fixed and has been for years now.

Not only am I a pilot, sas member and superman, but I’m also a part time internet security inexpert in my spare time.

This is what you want to see when doing the test.

27CCF7B0-65DA-4201-9053-C6D115A313A7.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back