Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 9, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #3,271 of 18,907
It’s a first world problem guys. And the HMS is not just used with TT2.

...other than Etude what other "new" product was introduced? Wasn't everything else "stock?"

Dec 9, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #3,273 of 18,907
HMS will work in dual data mode with Qutest, H2, TT2, DAVE, and in single data mode with Hugo, TT.

So this year Chord have shipped Qutest, HMS, TT2, Etude, and announced the Ultima Pre and Ultima Mono.

And if Boogie had bought a ‘stock’ Chord DAC then his HMS would have worked with it. Waiting for TT2 stocks to arrive isn’t too bad. I had to wait many months for my Blu2 in 2017 after ordering it.

Dec 9, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #3,274 of 18,907
HMS will work in dual data mode with Qutest, H2, TT2, DAVE, and in single data mode with Hugo, TT.

So this year Chord have shipped Qutest, HMS, TT2, Etude, and announced the Ultima Pre and Ultima Mono.

Thanks you made my point. All those other devices are already available (except announced), I have a Qutest. Why mScaler and TT 2 didn't show up same time makes no sense.

Those of us in US are agonizing over bluebird

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #3,275 of 18,907
Thanks you made my point. All those other devices are already available (except announced), I have a Qutest. Why mScaler and TT 2 didn't show up same time makes no sense.

but mscaler is a product that can be used with pre-existing products, thats why it makes sense to release it independently. business survives on cashflow etc, you can't just sit on a product you have ready to bring to market.

Dec 9, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #3,276 of 18,907
Not to beat a dead horse but aren't both available everywhere else in the world? I'm over in mScaler thread too!

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #3,278 of 18,907
Not to beat a dead horse but aren't both available everywhere else in the world? I'm over in mScaler thread too!

Only just starting to become available here. It’s a new product so obviously there is going to be strong demand. I would much prefer Chord to take as long as it takes to manufacture these to their usual quality standards than trying to accelerate production to meet the short term demand increase.

Dec 10, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #3,279 of 18,907
is chord well known in Norway with hifi enthusiasts?

Dec 10, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #3,280 of 18,907
is chord well known in Norway with hifi enthusiasts?

It is carried by one of the main hifi chains and I see used units quite often on the market. So I guess it is a well known and respected brand here. I am guessing the sales figures are small given that the whole country population is a lot less less than London.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #3,281 of 18,907
Question for Rob Watts:

I sometimes switch off the power to my TT2 at the mains plug point, accidentally forgetting to switch the device off first. When I next turn on the electricity the TT2 lights up like a Xmas tree before booting up (unlike the more normal gradual awakening). It still works perfectly but will this do any damage to the device long term?

Dec 10, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #3,282 of 18,907

Maybe Chord need to rethink their US distributor due to all the moaning about bluebird on the forums, and multiply that with a factor of x for non headfi users who are also wondering why can’t they get a hold of chords new products.

Dec 11, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #3,283 of 18,907
Question for Rob Watts:

I sometimes switch off the power to my TT2 at the mains plug point, accidentally forgetting to switch the device off first. When I next turn on the electricity the TT2 lights up like a Xmas tree before booting up (unlike the more normal gradual awakening). It still works perfectly but will this do any damage to the device long term?

I guess you mean the momentary flash of the LEDs before CHG comes on the display? This is normal, and perfectly OK, the LEDs are driven by the FPGA, and if you power down from the mains, then the FPGA has too boot it's code; so for about half a second all the FPGA OPs are tri-stated, so the LEDs all go on. Then it boots up, and the LEDs are now under correct control. But when you are in standby mode (power off on the front panel) the FPGA remains powered up all the time (so the remote still works) but the rest of the power hungry circuitry is shut down. So no FPGA boot up phase when you switch the front panel power switch.

It's perfectly OK when you remove power, but I would just use the power switch on the front panel.

Dec 11, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #3,284 of 18,907
Thanks Rob - just getting forgetful in my old age...

Dec 12, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #3,285 of 18,907
Hello all. I'm not understanding what this TT2 is all about... why would someone be interested in it vs... the dave/blu2 combo? Is there something it offers that I'm not aware of.
It has less taps ... what about producing a TT2 with a million taps wouldn't that resolve a lot of issues... not overly familiar with this product... I know people use it to drive speakers...etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back