Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 2, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #3,062 of 18,905
Anyone know, regards ether 2, do they require a lot of power, as such would they benefit from the amount of power tt2 has on offer?

Dec 2, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #3,063 of 18,905
Question for those driving lcd-4s with the TT2 and m scaler, I assume you use high gain so how far on the volume spectrum do you need to achieve very high volume? Do you only need to turn it up to say 25% or do you need to have the tt2 at like 90% of max volume. I’m upgrading from a tt which I found struggled with the lcd-4s so I added a gsx mk2 to that set up and I wonder with the tt2 will I not need to use the gsx mk2? I also understand using a m scaler decreases the volume a fair bit. Thanks

Dec 2, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #3,066 of 18,905
Not state of the art though? Didn't want to say in thread
It is in the same ballpark with other TOTL headphones. Of the ones I have listened to a lot recently, I would rank as follows: HE1, Abyss > Utopia > Empyrean, LCD4, LCDi4 > HD800.

Dec 2, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #3,068 of 18,905
Fourth place Jesus I might cancel my order and get the chord TToby
If you have a chance, @paul2qute, you should hear it yourself. I personally prefer the Empyrean to the Utopia -- just another data point for you.

EDIT: I use the Alcantara earpads with the Empyrean.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #3,072 of 18,905
As a follow up to this does anyone use an external headphone amp such as a gsx mk2 with the TT2 or is it completely unnecessary?

Go with the TT2 direct, unless you're using an amp for driving electrostatic headphones. It's extremely versatile. I use the Hugo TT2 to drive the most sensitive IEMs here, the most inefficient full-size headphones, and everything in between.

Dec 2, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #3,073 of 18,905
Hi guys,
I am using RME ADI 2Pro AE. So far I am happy with the sound. But I have good offer on TT2 now. Would you go for it?
Is it reasonable step up? Looking for someone who (ideally) auditioned both and could compare these.. Thank you.

Dec 2, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #3,074 of 18,905
Question for those driving lcd-4s with the TT2 and m scaler, I assume you use high gain so how far on the volume spectrum do you need to achieve very high volume? Do you only need to turn it up to say 25% or do you need to have the tt2 at like 90% of max volume. I’m upgrading from a tt which I found struggled with the lcd-4s so I added a gsx mk2 to that set up and I wonder with the tt2 will I not need to use the gsx mk2? I also understand using a m scaler decreases the volume a fair bit. Thanks
I’m using that combination (200 ohm LCD-4). I very seldom need to go into the minus range on high gain, and then only if the track has been recorded at a very low level. My normal listening range is between around -15 to -5 (and that’s pretty loud). As the TT2 goes to +22, if I remember correctly, it has bags of power for the LCD-4s.

Dec 3, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #3,075 of 18,905
Never got the job I can't believe it, it's a joke,everything went well, passed all exams and interview went great but had to build a box out of paper and they saying I wasn't quick enough building it,I've ran high speed lines for twenty years, trained ppl up yet I can't build a paper box in a certain time

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back