Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Nov 13, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #15,046 of 18,905
Feels like something they could stop with some software. Excessive and sudden increase in volume triggers a pause. @Rob Watts Before it blows someone's ear drums?
Or a volume that is sustained and outside the normal volume range of the users history, ie abnormal volume for a sustained period.
Or a way to set a cap on the volume level would be interesting safety feature.

Nov 13, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #15,047 of 18,905
Or a volume that is sustained and outside the normal volume range of the users history, ie abnormal volume for a sustained period.
Or a way to set a cap on the volume level would be interesting safety feature.
Having a configurable max volume setting should be in all DACs. I have not had the volume problem in Chord DACs but where I lived before my Oppo would regularly raise the volume to max. This has never happened after moving so I think it was due to ”interference” from some external source. Please @Rob Watts add a max volume setting, also important for us with children.

Nov 13, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #15,048 of 18,905
Having a configurable max volume setting should be in all DACs. I have not had the volume problem in Chord DACs but where I lived before my Oppo would regularly raise the volume to max. This has never happened after moving so I think it was due to ”interference” from some external source. Please @Rob Watts add a max volume setting, also important for us with children.
Never thought of kids actually turning the volume up …

Nov 13, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #15,049 of 18,905
Mm. Good idea. A settable "max" on each mode

Nov 13, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #15,050 of 18,905
Remember that you would have to configure the setting, each time you change the headphones.
If you configure the volume for the headphones/iem that you use, and then you go out the room and your children plug their headphones/iem in (with a different impedance and sensitivity), then the configuration could be wrong for their headphones/iem.

Nov 13, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #15,051 of 18,905
My AK daps have this feature and it works well, but they have a gui to control it. I’m putting it down to gamma rays.

Nov 13, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #15,052 of 18,905
It is. I’ve owned two TT2s from new at different times, both of which were treated extremely well, and both were sold on as I tried out different avenues. Both of them have gone wrong (psu related each time) so I had to help their respective new owners get the warrantees transferred and their TT2s repaired. Fortunately, no issues there and Chord were helpful in their defence. I’ve recently been giving serious thought to getting a TT2 again for a variety of reasons (though still prefer aspects of the TT, albeit being less resolving than TT2), but a little reticent as I’d have to buy used this time, and I haven't the energy (long-term illness) to have to deal with something else possibly going wrong. Might just have to take pot luck.
Fortunately after the repair it's been rock solid. Was frustrating though, as was shipped just before first lockdown and Chord had to close repair shop for some time, but aside from that, yes they were very helpful.

Nov 13, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #15,053 of 18,905
OK…. that’s never happened before. While using roon to play to my TT2 the volume started rising and I was just able to stop it with the volume ball as it passed through purple. Good thing it was my Utopia and not an iem or it could have been destructive. The roon app was not open on the ipad. The zone is set to fixed and the remote was idle on the table. The buttons on the ipad do not adjust the volume. Gremlins.
Had the same issue a few times. Replaced batteries in remote and has not happened since.

Nov 13, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #15,055 of 18,905
Does anyone use a large capacity battery to use their TT2 as transportable option? Is there a downside to using it this way in terms of sound quality?

Curious which brands and models people are using with success

Nov 13, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #15,056 of 18,905
Does anyone use a large capacity battery to use their TT2 as transportable option? Is there a downside to using it this way in terms of sound quality?

Maxoak k2,12v is an option

Nov 13, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #15,057 of 18,905
Krisdonia 50k ma. Used the dc @12v on both the MScaler and TT2 when travelling!

Nov 14, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #15,058 of 18,905
old android phone can be serve as a streamer. The battery powered phone is having clean usb signal. I connect the phone to Mscaler by usb C to B cable. I tried out Tidal and Spotify connect. The result was better than I expected. In fact I find it sound better than the dedicated streamer Bluesound Node 2i.
uc

uc

Nov 14, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #15,059 of 18,905

Only Rob is that much of a hardcore user to walkabout with a TT2 in his pocket.

Nov 14, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #15,060 of 18,905
Maxoak k2,12v is an option

20v is where it’s at, it even comes with one of those inbuilt smoke machines.

People, 20v is my twisted sense of humour, always use the stock smps or if you use any type of battery, 12v should be ok but never ever select 15v, as just a tiny surge over 15v will ruin your day-week-month-year-buy now pay back in 48 months finance agreement.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back