Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 3, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #18,481 of 18,535
So to beat the Dave we only need spend £500 for PGGB software and £400 for Mojo 2?
Let me get my wallet out Lol
Great eh! It was recommended on the audiowise site. As I had a mojo 2, pggb software and src-dx, I ordered the adapter and short bnc’s. I fed it from an allo usbridge. I do not have Dave and would be quite skeptical on it beating a Dave. The sound is absolutely gorgeous and I use this setup for my late night listening. It really is worth considering if one wants to test the upsampling, mega tap music world. Fed from mscaler it is awesome as well but it is in use in my main rig.

IMG_4284.jpeg

May 4, 2024 at 5:59 AM Post #18,482 of 18,535
May has arrived (not the DAC but the month :joy::joy::joy:). In a few days there will be the presentation of the new Q Scaler. The countdown begins!!

Rob where are you? We want the opening of the new thread!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::relaxed::L3000:
Hyper busy at the moment.

Quartet M scaler will not be launched at Munich, but the prototype will be available to listen to on the trade days (Thus/Friday). On Saturday/Sunday you can see it, but the production version will be slightly different to the unit shown.

I will be there on the Thursday and Friday too.

May 4, 2024 at 6:38 AM Post #18,483 of 18,535

Quartet M scaler will not be launched at Munich, but the prototype will be available to listen to on the trade days (Thus/Friday). On Saturday/Sunday you can see it, but the production version will be slightly different to the unit shown.

So until we will actually be able to buy one will be more likely third or forth quarter 2024 then?

May 4, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #18,484 of 18,535

I hope it goes on sale in October, I would give it to myself for my birthday! :L3000:

May 4, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #18,486 of 18,535
Unfortunately no one gives it to me, I have to buy it myself!! :joy::joy::joy::L3000:

May 4, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #18,487 of 18,535
You are very generous to you. :relaxed:
I don’t know if there is something similar in English, but in Germany, we say “small gifts maintain a friendship.”😄

May 5, 2024 at 5:12 AM Post #18,488 of 18,535
So until we will actually be able to buy one will be more likely third or forth quarter 2024 then?

Most likely fourth quarter. But I still have much testing to do, and more features to implement, plus some more things I need to try to perhaps further improve performance. And then there is the time delay for Chord to get into full production.

May 5, 2024 at 6:28 AM Post #18,489 of 18,535
plus some more things I need to try to perhaps further improve performance
I can almost hear your sizzling excitement in the air to get the most out of this release.
The urge to get a little more out of it most likely means that the first tests had an exciting result that ignited that fire 🔥 😅

May 5, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #18,490 of 18,535
I can almost hear your sizzling excitement in the air to get the most out of this release.
The urge to get a little more out of it most likely means that the first tests had an exciting result that ignited that fire 🔥 😅
Good news, I guess – but I’m having trouble imagining a better M Scaler! :scream:

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #18,491 of 18,535
I'm over here still trying to perfect my setup with the OG-Mscaler :)

May 5, 2024 at 7:58 PM Post #18,492 of 18,535
Most likely fourth quarter. But I still have much testing to do, and more features to implement, plus some more things I need to try to perhaps further improve performance. And then there is the time delay for Chord to get into full

Attachments

• IMG_9770.jpeg
    IMG_9770.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #18,493 of 18,535
Most likely fourth quarter. But I still have much testing to do, and more features to implement, plus some more things I need to try to perhaps further improve performance. And then there is the time delay for Chord to get into full production.
Delighted to meet in Singapore Rob! I’ll be heading to UK in October.

Attachments

• IMG_9770.jpeg
    IMG_9770.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 0
May 6, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #18,494 of 18,535

Alright, I can't wait to see what you've made! :relaxed:

I hope you start the new thread soon, where you will tell us what the new Quartet is capable of.:L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back